Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If anyone's played this, I'd be interested in hearing about replayability. I'm on the fence right now, but it's not cheap, so I need some convincing it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jared obviously I am biased but the Variants, the Command rules and the Variable Boer Combat values (which can change turn to turn) ensure no two games play the same.

This was central to my thinking when designing the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok thanks Geoffrey, that helps a lot. I also went over to Consimworld, and they have some nice screen shots of a game in progress. That's part of what was what missing here on BGG, pictures of a game in progress. It looks really good set up.

Do the British have to follow the same pattern each game? For example, does X unit have to assault X bridge every game, or are there different strategies for the British to try?

My apologies, but it's such a different time period for me that I really know nothing about what the British are trying to accomplish. All I know is that it's the Boer War, and that's pretty much it.

Congrats on designing a beautiful looking game on such an interesting topic btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are two options.

One is the historical objectives which is fixed.

However the other allows you to choose your own objectives and where you place your objective markers is totally up to you.

The starting positions are fixed but that's is it

I enjoy answering any questions so appreciate you coming here to clarify
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.