Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Canadians Refunded Tax and Duties? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tried to look up if anyone else noticed this but was looking at my credit card statement this morning and noticed that Riot refunded me for $21.52, which was roughly how much we paid for Tax and Duties at the checkout screen. Anyone else notice this? Or did I just miss an announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, read all about it here: Update for Canadian Players - RE: Duty Costs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you missed an announcement. There was an error in the amount calculated on day one, and therefore, to fix it, Riot decided to refund the full amount for taxes and duties, instead of just refunding duties.

Basically the UPS service they use to charge taxes and duties should not have charged for duties, but it did on the first day...

Riot decided to raise the bar on one more thing... Customer service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they are refunding the taxes and duties of every Canadian orders for the Wave 1. They overcharged us during the first day (To be honest it wasn't even their fault, but i-parcel api was buggy) and instead of trying to figure out how much they overcharged each of us individually and how much each of us were suppose to paid based on our provinces, they just decided to reimburse all the taxes and duties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys! Amazing on Riot's part. Can't believe I missed the announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dexter Ward
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aveatquevale wrote:
Tried to look up if anyone else noticed this but was looking at my credit card statement this morning and noticed that Riot refunded me for $21.52, which was roughly how much we paid for Tax and Duties at the checkout screen. Anyone else notice this? Or did I just miss an announcement?

Yep, me too. There is a post on this forum somewhere from RIOT explaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.