7,229 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me get this straight. At all times, all mobile units have the ability to move one hex space, regardless of terrain cost? So in essence, a unit always has a free hex move in addition to spending their allotted movement points? Example: A Finnish Bicycle Company with 6 MPs moves three forest hexes (spending all 6 MPs) plus an additional forest hex (as per minimum movement rule) for a total of 4 forests hexes? This is what seems to be implied, to me anyways, from the rule book. Any detailed clarification will be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Minimum Movement Rule allows the unit to move ONE hex, regardless of terrain cost.

Your example has the Finnish Bicycle Company moving 4 hexes, not 1 hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lundin
Sweden
Lund
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you could EITHER minimum move one hex, regardless of cost of terrain OR pay movement cost and potentially move several hexes if you wish (for example 2 forest hexes, paying 4 MPs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
DeadNorth wrote:
So let me get this straight. At all times, all mobile units have the ability to move one hex space, regardless of terrain cost? So in essence, a unit always has a free hex move in addition to spending their allotted movement points? Example: A Finnish Bicycle Company with 6 MPs moves three forest hexes (spending all 6 MPs) plus an additional forest hex (as per minimum movement rule) for a total of 4 forests hexes? This is what seems to be implied, to me anyways, from the rule book. Any detailed clarification will be greatly appreciated.

no. That is now what it says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lundinandreas wrote:
No, you could EITHER minimum move one hex, regardless of cost of terrain OR pay movement cost and potentially move several hexes if you wish (for example 2 forest hexes, paying 4 MPs).

Now I understand. I feel it does not specify this thoroughly enough in the rules (at least to my knowledge) therefore my imagination was running wild with possibilities. And for this I thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.