Subject: [WIP] Factoree - Idea Phase/Private Playtesting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the WIP for *FACTOREE*, a game being developed for the 2016 Children’s Print and Play Game Design Contest by my 9yo dauther and myself. (That's totally a working title.)

[WIP]FACTOREE

The orders are coming in from the latest *iPREPAID* projects and the Factoree is tasked to fill them. Players use the parts they have to create the final products before shipping them out.

The game uses the math concept of "Factoring" or breaking a number apart to express it as the product of its factors.

I am currently in the Idea Phase/Initial Playtesting. Currently working on this as a 2-4 player, competitive or cooperative game. We are working out some details for ourselves so there are no publicly available printed components yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is my first WIP. I'm using it to keep myself honest so my daughter and I keep working on it.

NOTES for myself:

Important Dates
Entry Deadline for contest: December 4th, 2016 11:59 PM BGG Time (CST)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
The Battle of Agincourt and the Death of Chivalry
badge
Tastes of Siege is my new game for the Children's Game Design Contest
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the theme of the game. Based on your comments about factoring, is this an educational game meant to teach math skills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal wouldn't be to teach math, but it doesn't hurt to know some basic muliplication to play.

Haven't had a chance to work on this at all since posting. My daughters birthday was this weekend so we were all a little preoccupied with manatees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Current components:
2 10 sided dice
40-50 cards
3-5 Conveyer belt cards

Playing with some mechanics of how the orders are filled and how to raise the tension. Working on trying out # of cards and conveyer parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.