A Feast for Odin» Forums » Variants

Subject: Which Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Petersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Currently we only play with B and C, but I just had a look through the A deck and some of the cards a pretty cool. So I was wondering which decks do you guys play with?

Also do you guys pick/draft from 2 or more starting occupations and (in solo) do you just pick one you want to try out?

I think it can suck a little if you get an occupation which suggests a strategy that you don't feel like playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We started with A-only for 2 games, then B-only, and I imagine we will try C-only eventually before potentially mixing things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 or 4 solo, and 2 multi-player games. So far, I've only used the A deck. Haven't even broken the shrink wrap on B and C. Figured I'd get to know one set before branching out.

Haven't tried the "draw two, keep one" method yet, but I like the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Piggybacking off of your question:

I just got the game, and I'm definitely going to just get my feet wet with the A-deck only (and probably use that deck alone every time I teach), but I had the same question.

The book implies that you should either use A or B+C, but I'm thinking about just mixing all 3 of the decks together.

Is there any reason not to mix all 3 decks?
I haven't read the whole list of occupations, but is it maybe plausible to mix B + C + a subset of A for a "best-of" deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not certain if the rules truly meant A or (B+C), or if that was a translation thing from German. I don't really know a reason why they can't be mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.