6,739 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.5% of Goal | left

Support:

behzad z
Iran
msg tools
Hello Everybody

I have a question about when one player loses all his/her units, castles and strongholds. I've searched the internet before opening this thread and people said that if someone loses everything, he can continue playing and take control of some areas using power tokens. But the question is how?
If someone loses units, castles, strongholds and House area,(and doesn't have any power tokens placed on the board) how is he/she supposed to use his power tokens or affect the game in general? He can choose some random, unoccupied area and place a power token there?

Some people said that if a player leave someone's House area, he (the player that lost everything) can take control of that area again, but what if that player doesn't leave? I assume that until that player staying in the House area of the losing player, he/she can never take control of an area and muster units, right? But he can make alliances whit others, ask them to retake his/her House area and then leave it?

I have a few more questions too

1- Player X leave an area and place a power token there, Player Y march into that area, does combat happens? or Y simply take control and remove the power token? If yes, what happens to that power token? It will be dropped in the power pool or returned to the X?
If combat happens, can X call for support or use House cards?

2- If X leave an area and place a power token there, and later decides that he doesn't need that area anymore, can he/she remove the power token? If yes, can he use that power token elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This only concerns each players capital where a power token is imprinted on the map.

The rest is just confusion caused from missing this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
behzad z
Iran
msg tools
Umbratus wrote:
This only concerns each players capital where a power token is imprinted on the map.

The rest is just confusion caused from missing this point.

Oh I got it
So as long as someone else is occupying my capital and I don't have units and lands elsewhere, I can't muster new units, right?

I also found the answer of my second questions about combat. My remaining question (which may be somehow stupid ) is that can I remove a power token and use it elsewhere at will?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember, once you have use a power token (for bidding or by placing it) you won't get it back. That's the reason why you sometimes won't want to place a power token into an area you are moving all of your units from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only way to remove a placed down Power Token is having another player conquer the area.

Please note that the Power Token is not immediately returned to your available-for-use stash, but only to the overall reserve where it can be gained again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
A player is eliminated if he has no castles left and has no way to regain any land territory (all of his land units are destroyed).

If that player still controls ships, they are not removed from the game, however they serve as neutral force token and can be overcame by marching in with higher or equal combat strength.

Side note: Opposing players can actually place power tokens on your home territory, when moving out, so unless they are really cool to conquer you and move out without placing that token, you can actually play, hoping for mustering. However I'm not certain anybody would want to join back a game while holding 1 castle, no units to just wait for a mustering, doing nothing.

Usually when 1 player is totally destroyed. Somebody would already sit on 7 castles or will take the last one the first 1-2 turns in the next round.

1) Power tokens are left to ensure control of the territory resources, it makes no sense to initiate combat in an area without soldiers. So pretty much the opponent automatically gains control of the region due to his military presence. The token is returned to the token pool, not the player.

2) No, the only way to regain a token placed on the map is to have an enemy army march in the region. Placing tokens on the map is strategic, it lowers your maximum number of tokens available, so I would recommend placing them wisely.

Of course you can always have a house rule that would permit you to remove power tokens from the board... However it would only make sense to return them to the pool, not the player as it can be abused to temporary hold control over a region with a barrel, benefit on SUPPLY card and gain back the power token to spend again. Still I would recommend following the game rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steelhoh wrote:
A player is eliminated if he has no castles left and has no way to regain any land territory (all of his land units are destroyed).

If that player still controls ships, they are not removed from the game, however they serve as neutral force token and can be overcame by marching in with higher or equal combat strength.

Side note: Opposing players can actually place power tokens on your home territory, when moving out, so unless they are really cool to conquer you and move out without placing that token, you can actually play, hoping for mustering. However I'm not certain anybody would want to join back a game while holding 1 castle, no units to just wait for a mustering, doing nothing.

Usually when 1 player is totally destroyed. Somebody would already sit on 7 castles or will take the last one the first 1-2 turns in the next round.

1) Power tokens are left to ensure control of the territory resources, it makes no sense to initiate combat in an area without soldiers. So pretty much the opponent automatically gains control of the region due to his military presence. The token is returned to the token pool, not the player.

2) No, the only way to regain a token placed on the map is to have an enemy army march in the region. Placing tokens on the map is strategic, it lowers your maximum number of tokens available, so I would recommend placing them wisely.

Of course you can always have a house rule that would permit you to remove power tokens from the board... However it would only make sense to return them to the pool, not the player as it can be abused to temporary hold control over a region with a barrel, benefit on SUPPLY card and gain back the power token to spend again. Still I would recommend following the game rules

You sound as if you believe that player elimination and ships becoming neutral was in the rules somewhere. Could you maybe let me know where that is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no player elimination. This is made up. Even if you have no units and no territories left you participate in the rest of the game.

You still bid for areas of influence in a clash of kings for instance. In some cases you will be used as a dummy for tie breaking. Rather give you a star order on the Kings Court than someone else who might still win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
There is no player elimination. This is made up. Even if you have no units and no territories left you participate in the rest of the game.

You still bid for areas of influence in a clash of kings for instance. In some cases you will be used as a dummy for tie breaking. Rather give you a star order on the Kings Court than someone else who might still win

I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.