Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself hunting for these answers often, so I've taken it upon myself to collect all the questions and answers and create this one stop shop for all the commonly asked questions I could find on these forums. I've linked the original forum post where the question was asked and answered as well, so you can get more detail(proof) if needed.

* * I've uploaded a quick reference guild to the files section that should have all of these rules covered, you can find the download Here * *

Phase 1 - Shuffle and Deal
- When discarding, you must discard [i]down to 1 card
. Source1
- All discarded cards are discarded face down. Source1

Phase 2 - Posse Placement
- Split spaces count as 1 space for placement and duels. Source1
- You gain 1 gold when anyone, including yourself, place on your porch and use the building. Source1, Source2
- You only gain 1 gold if your porch building was used or attempted to be used. Source1
- Porch owners who gain 1 gold, receive it during the placement phase, regardless of the buildings reward phase. Source1, Source2
- You can place on an empty porch slot but no gold is given to the owner. Source1
- Grey mat porch rewards are gained prior to and in addition to the building reward. Source1, Source2
- You can place another posse token where there is a wounded token that you own, and duel again. Source1, Source2
- Instant rewards are only gained if you win the duel, and are not lost if later defeated. Source1, Source2, Source3, Source4

Dueling
- You can re-roll dice and/or reveal your poker card in any order. Source1
- Revealed poker card bonus lasts through entire duel. Source1
- Defender wins all ties. Source1

Phase 3 - Resolution
- Poker cards are revealed before phase 3 starts. Source1, Source2, Source3
- Hourglass rewards occur before poker chip rewards (sheriff's office resolves first). Source1
- All players on a location mat compete for poker chip rewards. Source1, Source2
- Compete against the rival only if no other player is on the mat. Source1
- You must be standing to win a resolution reward, you can be wounded to win winner’s pot. Source1, Source2
- You must win the poker hand to receive a poker chip resolution reward, even if opponent is wounded. Source1, Source2
- Any player can win winner’s pot even if wounded. Source1
- Each winner pot can only be won once, but you can win other winner's pots at other locations where you have a posse token. Source1
- Poker hands with a high card are broken by rank, then suit. Source1, Source2
- When poker hands tie, both players gain the benefit. Source1
- Remove the sheriff office adjustment to break ties at town hall. Source1

Phase 4 - Buy
- Only 1 building can be bought by each player during phase 4 (Sheriff's Office "Leftover" slot allows a second buy at the end of Phase 4). Source1, Source2
- Bought buildings are stacked at the end of phase 4, regardless of when they were purchased. Source1, Source2
- The most recent building purchased is the top building in the stack. Source1

Miscellaneous
- 1(X), 2(X), 3(X) = Gain any combination of any influence equal to the number shown. Source1
- (X) (X) (X) = Gain a single type of influence equal to the amount of (X) shown. Source1
- (A) (B) (C) = Gain influence equal to the amount of (?) shown, where each letter must be of a different type. Source1, Source2
- Influence caps at 6. Source1, Source2
- You must have at least 1 influence to ‘convert any number’. Source1, Source2
- Buildings that give resources for cards ‘in play’ count all cards not in the deck. Source1
- Central bank allows purchase of any building regardless of posse placement. Source1 (not official)
- Post office fee is immediate, effect is during phase 4. (payment is permanent even if wounded) Source1, Source2, Source3
- Moved posse members (doctors office, chief, entertainer) trigger rewards as if placed. Source1
- Poker cards received from the schoolhouse are unrevealed and can be used for future duels. Source1
- Bounty hunter cannot ‘gain’ the wanted card for his bonus if he is already wanted. Source1 (not official)
- Solo game rival always plays same number of posse tokens as the player. Source1, Source2
- Solo game dueling rules still apply in addition to multiplayer dueling rules. Source1

Thanks to all the people who originally asked these questions, and to the creators who answered and explained each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, very helpful.

Under P4 you mention '(before figuring sheriffs office)', which I presume means the 'left over building' space. Might be worth just clarifying that this space does allow you to buy a second building, from those left in the buying slots.

Has it been confirmed what happens if players duel over this space, I presume only the standing player is able to use the power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: if you have the wanted card do you gain an influence of your choice ever turn you hold the wanted card? Or only the round you win it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter when you got the Wanted card; if you hold it at the beginning of Phase 3, you gain 1 influence of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Timothy
I edited the post for clarification.
You must be standing to gain rewards from both the Resolution Phase and the Buy Phase. The rule book says this (more or less) on page 11. "A wounded Posse cannot: Collect benefits from a [⌛] or [$] placement spot it occupies."

@David
Like John said above, the bonus is given every round (at the start of Phase three), to whoever holds the Wanted Card. In the rule book on page 11 it says "If a player holds the Wanted Card at the beginning of Phase Three, they immediately gain 1 influence of their choice at that time."
Sidenote: The Bounty Hunter's bonus does give him 2 influence for winning the wanted card.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hafiz Soubihe
msg tools
Hello,
I cant find an answer for this question:

Player A goes to a porch location. Player B goes to a resolution space on the same mat.
On phase 3, who does Player B play cards against to see if he wins that resolution spot (not the pot), the Rival or Player A?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hafinha wrote:
Hello,

Player A goes to a porch location. Player B goes to a resolution space on the same mat.
On phase 3, who does Player B play cards against to see if he wins that resolution spot (not the pot), the Rival or Player A?

Thanks

Player A and B play against each other. If player A wins, they get the pot and if the building card was a resolution or buy action, they get that as well. If player B wins, they get the pot and the resolution action of their spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
Hafinha wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Player A and B play against each other. If player A wins, they get the pot and if the building card was a resolution or buy action, they get that as well. If player B wins, they get the pot and the resolution action of their spot.

This is all correct. Also, in reverse... If player A loses they still receive the rewards from the porch slot (whether a resolution or buy phase reward). If player B loses, they receive nothing.

Just wanted to point out that you still win normal resolution/buy phase rewards regardless of poker hands. Only the icons with the poker chips take the cards into account. And of course you must always be standing to win any placement spot reward (but can still earn the winner's pot if wounded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in the solo game where you deal 2 cards to the Rival one face up and one face down, both of those cards count as cards in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
So, in the solo game where you deal 2 cards to the Rival one face up and one face down, both of those cards count as cards in play.

Correct. They both are placed at the normal rival spot.

If you're asking because of this rule "Buildings that give resources for cards ‘in play’ count all cards not in the deck." You do take both cards into account. The hidden rival card (and your own) will be revealed before these cards effects are resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
JK777 wrote:

If you're asking because of this rule "Buildings that give resources for cards ‘in play’ count all cards not in the deck." You do take both cards into account. The hidden rival card (and your own) will be revealed before these cards effects are resolved.

Aren't there some porch cards with a "!" symbol of this type that would be immediately resolved or do I have that wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
Braffe wrote:
JK777 wrote:

Aren't there some porch cards with a "!" symbol of this type that would be immediately resolved or do I have that wrong?

All the buildings that deal with Poker Cards have the [⌛] symbol. They are:
- Blacksmith (Number of Horseshoes)
- Cattle Farm (Number of Steer Skulls)
- Haberdashery (Number of Cowboy Hats)
- Lodge (Number of Teepees)
- Opera House (Highest Rank Card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.