Subject: Halloween Marvel Mini Expansion: Marvel Zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My Usual Intro...
Inspired by the original custom ideas of Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av) and others in the variant section. I decided to add-on to the Marvel characters with character specific theme mini expansions instead of trying to make big boxed sets.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Not to be sold. All art work and characters belong to Marvel comics and the respective creators.

Why I started doing all of these customs is because I really enjoy this game. Also what inspired me is when I looked at Marvel Legendary page on this site and saw how robust their customs in the variant section is comparatively...it made me want to create more for this game. This game is built for a strong custom system.

Today's is October 31st 2016 and I believe we needed the most important (and overhyped) Marvel horror property to date, Marvel Zombies.

The Marvel Zombies Mini Expansion is based off of the Blackest Night cards. Not a copy but inspired by and modeled after. The reason why I choose to model after the Blackest Night is because I feel they did it right.

First, is the generic horde cards of the Marvel Zombie cards themselves. These will grow in strength the more you resist them (see their Attack).

Just like the Blackest Night cards the individually named Marvel Zombies have ascending cost and uniquely appropriate powers. I also had fun being creative with the art work.

Could you beat the combined might of the universe traveling Marvel Zombies teaming with the undead nemesis of the Blackest Night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Page 2 Has the only Super-Villain Marvel Zombie, the Power Cosmic Zombies.

Also include on page 2 is the Marvel Zombie Earth and the Marvel Zombie Secret Wars called "Zombie Infection".

Finally, is the Hero card for AMOR. A division of SHIELD that was used to stop the Zombie incursion in the 616 universe. Their incursion into the 616 universe was through the Swamps where the Man-Thing resides.

One of the main Zombie hunters and A.M.O.R. team members is Howard the Duck. So print out your Howard and Man-thing cards and go get some Zombie invaders.

Man-Thing (Cards have been revised)
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1557537/custom-marvel-mini-...

Howard the Duck (Cards have been revised)
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1561991/marvel-mini-expansi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Finally, the bonus page...

The greatest zombie hunter in all of comics and movies has arrived just in time to save the multiverse, Ash Williams...the Chosen One.

Ash appear in Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness so you get the key parts of his mythos; Sapmaster 3000, Broomstick and the book that has uncovered this department store employee's true purpose...the Necromicon.

Ash's Superhero and Hero card is built on Equipment enhancing his Punch cards. He doesn't have super powers but if you use Equipment you can enhance his Punches to make him a formidable zombie hunter. The synergy between his tools and Hero cards really make getting all of his cards a must but not a deal breaker for playing him successfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.