Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin H.
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have a question regarding the "Recruit" action (sometimes also referred to as "Recast").

The rules state that in addition to discarding one of the players cards from their hand they also may discard one card from the "Filmmakers Row" and replace it from the Filmakers draw deck.

In the rules every other time the verb "discard" is used it is meant to discard to the players own discard pile.

So my question is: Where does the discarded card from the "Filmmakers Row" go to? Does the player put it on their own discard pile or does the card go to a common discard pile (so it is removed from the game)?

It seems a little too strong to cycle a card, discard one from the common pool and also get this card in later eras, so I am currently assuming the discarded card is removed from the game and not placed in the players discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Kapidakis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
Yes, during the Recruit action you can remove from the game a Filmmaker from the Filmmaker's row. He isn't placed in any discard pile, just return the card in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evangelos Foskolos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
Keep on Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kevin,
thank you for your question.
Indeed, the card does not go to the player's discard pile. It is discarded to a common pile not belonging to any player.

You are right that it would be too powerful if a player could acquire this way any Filmmaker, that was never the intention.

PS. The action was reffered as Recast during most of the development of the game. That's the reason behind the typos still mentioning it as Recast instead of Recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H.
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I played a 4 player game two days ago and the game was well received by myself and 2 other players. One player liked the theme and the general idea of the game but found the actions to build your hand and deck a bit too limiting.

By the way the game could use some scoring sheets.

However since the game doesn't come with scoring sheets I created a simple one myself and uploaded it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.