47.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that I may have been doing things incorrectly with respect to monster turns.

Example: A single "action symbol" says "Attack the closest hero, then retreat." Is this considered only one action since it is preceded by one "action symbol", even though it would normally be two actions in the non-app game (attack and move)?

Another way to ask: Do the monsters carry out two complete action symbols or just two actions?

The rules seem to define an "action" as everything after an action symbol, hence my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To answer your thread title, yes.

The pdf of the RTL rules is a must read and clarifies some of these ambiguities I had as well. "retreat" generally means if there are any remaining movement points from the prior "engage" or "spot", use those to retreat. Since in the basic rules, you can interrupt a movement action to attack.

I forget what happens if the FIRST action was attack then retreat. Does that activate a brand new move action? If so, is that considered two actions? I think the answer to the second question is no, but I can't recall offhand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
If so, is that considered two actions? I think the answer to
the second question is no, but I can't recall offhand

I guess that would be consistent with cards like Charge: (action symbol): Move up to your Speed and then perform an attack with a Melee weapon.

I just need to make sure I pay close attention to the multi-action moves that the monsters can get sometimes. It certainly adds to the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I forget what happens if the FIRST action was attack then retreat. Does that activate a brand new move action? If so, is that considered two actions? I think the answer to the second question is no, but I can't recall offhand

The Retreat only triggers if the monster has movement points. Thus if they haven't made a Move action, after attacking you move onto the next action in the list. Often, there's a Move+Retreat further down the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
The Retreat only triggers if the monster has movement points. Thus if they haven't made a Move action, after attacking you move onto the next action in the list. Often, there's a Move+Retreat further down the list.

If that's the case, would you agree that this is a correct assessment:

Each action line will only start a single action. Any instruction to move in addition to that action will only attempt to make use of unused movement points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
sahava wrote:

If that's the case, would you agree that this is a correct assessment:

Each action line will only start a single action. Any instruction to move in addition to that action will only attempt to make use of unused movement points.

Yes. That's also consistent with the arrow symbol denoting an individual action on hero sheets and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.