Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Canadian math trade for 2016.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Fall 2016 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Fall 2016 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday Nov 1st 00:00 AM EDT to Friday Nov 11th 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Friday Nov 11th 11:00 AM EST to Tuesday Nov 15th 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, Nov 11th, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, Nov 15th, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, won't be home until mid-Dec. Maybe some people won't mind... laugh

Don't worry, if I list anything, it will be very legible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad this is happening at the same time as the BC trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:

Also some overlap with a Toronto local trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
iklinck wrote:
mancora wrote:

Also also a Nova Scotian trade—a triple play!

But, ouch, this trade is almost on top of the Toronto trade. Regrettable, although not wholly unworkable. Were I in that situation, I'd simply offer games in both and then submit a blank want list for any item(s) that traded in whichever trade finished first.

Hmm, still another way to look at it is that some of us now have a local leftovers trade available where we haven't previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's how I'm planning to do it. I'd rather the no-ship trade closed first, though.

I only have a handful of items, though, so it's not too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
What's a "blank want list"? You don't submit a want list and hope for the best???

B Factor wrote:
iklinck wrote:
mancora wrote:

But, ouch, this trade is almost on top of the Toronto trade. Regrettable, although not wholly unworkable. Were I in that situation, I'd simply offer games in both and then submit a blank want list for any item(s) that traded in whichever trade finished first.

Hmm, still another way to look at it is that some of us now have a local leftovers trade available where we haven't previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A blank want list means you won't end up trading that particular game, since you are signaling that you don't want anything for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
mancora wrote:

Which is the local trade? I seem to have missed it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215290/markhamgta-no-ship...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
retrowiz wrote:

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There are always local trades running. Impossible to avoid them all.

2) It's terrible running a shipping trade in December. Everyone's busy with holiday stuff and the postal service is incredibly slow and swamped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
1) There are always local trades running. Impossible to avoid them all.

2) It's terrible running a shipping trade in December. Everyone's busy with holiday stuff and the postal service is incredibly slow and swamped.

Or figure you have to go to the post office anyway so two birds with one stone

Although oh my goodness I hate shipping any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Aberdeen
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, glad to see another Canadian trade going on. I missed the last one, and the one before that was awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
B Factor wrote:
iklinck wrote:
mancora wrote:

yeah that's what I plan to do. I'm just going to not submit a list for the GTA one until the Canada one completes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
Math Trade noob here. If we want to post a gift certificate listing, I'm seeing this link referenced a lot https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1483987/cash-value-trades-m...

This makes sense to me if it was a cash payment. Can someone outline the difference for gift cards? I'm assuming the sender no longer buys the listing because it should be given as a gift card instead of cash. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That used to be the case, but it was really being used as an end-run around the policy.

The new policy is that Gift Certificates are considered to be the same as cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
How much does shipping typically cost in a trade like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
How much does shipping typically cost in a trade like this?

I usually expect $15-20 for a regular-sized game. It depends where it's going. If you end up sending the game to someone local, sometimes you can arrange to meet/drop-off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
iklinck wrote:
That used to be the case, but it was really being used as an end-run around the policy.

The new policy is that Gift Certificates are considered to be the same as cash.

But if I need to send them an actual gift card, then I wouldn't be buying a BGG listing off of them then, correct? Not saying you're wrong, I just want to fully understand it so I don't make a mistake in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Bob trades away his game and receives a $20 gift certificate from you, he has effectively sold it and should make a marketplace listing to pay BGG's commission.

For convenience, Bob can create and also "purchase" his own marketplace listing (and he is billed 3%). Then you, as the sender of the gc, shouldn't actually have to do anything related to the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
slprince wrote:
If Bob trades away his game and receives a $20 gift certificate from you, he has effectively sold it and should make a marketplace listing to pay BGG's commission.

For convenience, Bob can create and also "purchase" his own marketplace listing (and he is billed 3%). Then you, as the sender of the gc, shouldn't actually have to do anything related to the marketplace.

Ahh that clears it up, thanks! I haven't used the marketplace before so i wasn't sure if the checkout process was actually entering CC info, etc. This makes sense to me, thanks!

I've also noticed some ppl listing giftcards and saying (or rather, implying) that the buyer has to pay the fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, no cc info necessary in the marketplace.

You: click to buy game and then enter your shipping address.
Seller: sends you a total with shipping charges, and tells you how/where to send payment (usually through PayPal.)*
You: send payment.**
Seller: ships and gives you the tracking number.

* sometimes sellers disappear and you never hear from them...
** sometimes buyers disappear after finding out the total...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
slprince wrote:
Nope, no cc info necessary in the marketplace.

You: click to buy game and then enter your shipping address.
Seller: sends you a total with shipping charges, and tells you how/where to send payment (usually through PayPal.)*
You: send payment.**
Seller: ships and gives you the tracking number.

* sometimes sellers disappear and you never hear from them...
** sometimes buyers disappear after finding out the total...

Thanks Stephanie and everyone else who chimed in. Super clear now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.