Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt 87 "Sibling Rivalry" - confusion *Spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sacks Jr.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I am a fairly new player to the game and just played haunt 87 for the first time. This haunt raised multiple questions and caused confusion during play. Any input on the following would be appreciated:

1) Can the heroes win by attacking normally and killing the siblings and vice-versa, or can the heroes only win by cleansing the siblings and the siblings (Traitor) only win by killing the heroes through pranks?

In the traitors tome it says "you win when... ...your pranks bring about the deaths of all the heroes.

In the Survivors guide it says "you win when... ...the evil spirits of the siblings are cleansed through exorcism."

This makes it seem like the siblings cant attack the heroes normally and that the heroes can only use the normal attack to drag the siblings through rooms. However in the survivors guide it says under special attack rules that "instead of dealing damage, you CAN grip the sibling by the ear and drag the sibling along as you move". The word "can" seems to imply that the heroes have the ability to choose between causing damage or dragging the siblings.

2) The other question is whether or not the headmistress is a neutral party in the haunt or is considered to be on the heroes side, or the traitors/siblings side?

The wording in the "traitors tome" seems to imply that the headmistress is on the heroes side and can only be moved by the heroes. Does this mean that the headmistress counts as an opponent if you are the traitor? The headmistress would then slow the traitors movement.

I played that the headmistress was a neutral party, only moveable by the heroes and could be left in a room to be passed off between heroes as desired.

Anyone play this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who played it recently as well, as the traitor, there was some confusion. I believe the goal of the kids is to traitor is to kill the heroes, but you may be right that it has to be done through pranks.

The traitor is at least on some level considered a ghost, I believe, so no killing them.

As for the headmistress, I played it as she was a "monster" but for the heroes, so she slowed movement, but I also don't know how the players gain her.

Not the clearest haunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.