4 Posts

Iberian Rails» Forums » News

Subject: Rulebook Is Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony MP
msg tools
publisher
The rulebook is up! Feel free to ask us questions.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good rulebook.

I jad a quick read through
The roles are different from what we come to expect from this type of game.
I like the iconography. Not sure about the soecial abilities but I guess we can learn to use these to the best of our abilities.

Not sure about the closed auction as well.However it won't matter too much. In open auctions you can sometimes bluff your opponents. and there is a nice interaction with the special ability of the inspector in that closed auction

138 cubes. Does that mean each company has 23 cubes or are some companies lower on track?

different numbers give a different approach to these companies.

about occupation fee ( paid by the company) and hotel bonus (paid by bank)

I would add what I added between brackets in the green header. This can be overlooked. and than it is clear with a glance. There is plenty of room in the current layout.

Also the remark doesn't say that if a company hasn't money enough to pay the occupation fee. It only says so about the track.
Probably nitpicking but it it is a small inclusion. I know players that will say there is nothing there about the occupation fee so I could build the track.

I wasn't a fan of reading colours instead of company names.
It made it easier to grasp though, allthough the order is present in the board layout as well ( top left to bottom right)
A number in each box makes it perhaps even clearer that this is the way the round is played. Completely unnecessary after a couple of rounds but very easy in the first game. That way you can refer to the company names in the rulebook instead of the colours

But good job.

Oh and not a fan of the first tiebreaker, player with the least amount of shares wins.. i would prefer the opposite.. or am I missing some theme here.

I do like the other tiebreaker better but i would add a number or a letter to each role as well to make it clear.
I don't recall reading that the roles should be put in a fixed order.

Is the hotelier the only way to build hotels?

Probably that is my final comment.
I read build track and the two diferrent auctions and payout as options on your turn. But nothing about hotels.
Only the role of hotelier mentions it.

again probably completely unnecessary hut I just reread the entire rulebook to see if there was another way.
Maybe when listing the hotel tiles as components add for use with the hotelier role.

I don't think I interpretd everything wrong so the rulebook is fine as it is. But us gameexplaimers want to be able to show what is obvious to the people who we explained the game to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony MP
msg tools
publisher
Wow thanks, some really nice points.

All companies have the same number of tracks, and they are not meant to be limited. I know this is different from Chicago Express/American Rails, but we've built in many other "sabotage" incentives and methods into the game.

To clarify, if the company cannot pay the occupation fee, it cannot build in that hex. Nice catch.

The first tiebreaker is meant to give the win to the player who played more "constructively." It's very hard to tie in this game though.

The characters are randomly set up, but once they are set up they have a particular order for that game. If affects character selection.

The Hotelier is the only way to build hotels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.