Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Got a question:
Take any Trick-Taking Game, played by 2 Players with Standard Rules (trump or sluff if you can't follow suit): who's got the advantage on each trick being played - the one going 1st, or the player reacting to the card being played? Or is it situational?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Austintown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's the goal of the game that you need to think about.

Games like Haggis (can be a two player trick taking game -- *sort of*) - the goal is to get rid of your cards... thus perhaps going first in turn would be more valuable.

Other games like Mü & More (can be a two player trick taking game)counts points in your hand and you want to avoid negative points, perhaps being able to go second is more valuable.

So, I suppose, depending on the goal of the game... it is situational.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb
My wife and I play 2-handed hi/lo bid whist. It is straight trick-taking like whist, but there are hidden cards. I'd say it is easier to take the tricks if you play first, so you want to play first if the bid is hi, but play second if the bid is lo.

We've played this a hundred times, but have not recorded the outcomes, so this is my 'feeling,' not rigorous research.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your impressions. Kinda helped me to get something straight with my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.