Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I dislike programming games and I hate coop games.

But I keep trying programming games and coop games to try to find the rare gem that I would like and it ends up that Mech vs Minion is that game (2 birds, 1 stone, yeh!).

What I dislike in programming games is that other players can screw up your whole turn to the point you can't do anything at all and the more players, the more chance it happens. I am a very competitive player and I love competitive games and don't mind being screwed over, but there is nothing fun in doing absolutly nothing during your turn (might as well not play at all in that case). So having a programming game being coop, it removes that element because everybody want you to actually perform your turn good.

I hate coop games because I hate the alpha player problem and to not play my turn according to my will. But the hourglass and command line fix this. Most draft turns end up with "I want this, you want that, alright we take what we need" or "I want this, you want it too? but.. but... oops, time is up, left randomly deal the cards, too bad for us". Then I put the card in my command line and I follow the command line, nobody tells me what to do.

So yeah, this game is awesome (and I didn't talk about the gorgeous component, Riot PR dudes on this forum who are amazing, and the very low price of the game, because it has been done countless time already).

But also, this game can come up with so many fun variants. This game is based on a competitive game, so I am sure I will be able to come up with a, fun, competitive variant for it and also I love that someone is trying to come up with a soccer/football variant (the bomb is the ball).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conan the slayer
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yep +1
I'm in complete agreement. This game is so good that my son, who hasn't wanted to play a board game with me in 6 months comes home from school every day this week yelling, 'DAD can we play mechs and minions after a swim?'

Ahhh, music to my ears. Thank you RIOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.