New Salem» Forums » Rules

Subject: Events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Just bought and played two times an 8 players game last evening with fun.
I have some doubt about trigger events timing.
I know that this topic was already discussed here in the forum, and I read somewhere that the game was designed voluntarily with this lack of structure; but, according to the rules, it is not so negligible the order in which trial and pardon events are played (no pardon after trial, no trial after pardon). Really this is to be managed on the basis of the quicker reaction and louder cry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edens
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Yes. It is unstructured to give the same feel thematically as you would feel in that scenario. But for game play, I require players to all be aware and ready for that phase to begin and give precedent to the trial over pardon if they are done simultaneously. But yeah, that is just a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
A couple of ideas:

The first one already read: start to trigger events from the player with more hope available and proceed accordingly for next players;

The second to be combined with the first one: pardon can follow and cancel trial and trial can follow and cancel pardon if played in the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.