18 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions form Germany -Hope U can help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian U
msg tools
Hi Guys,

i am writing from Germany an hope my english is good enough to explain my Problems with the rules.
The German rules are sometimes somewhat questionable so I hope u guys can help me because u have longer experience.

1. Activate Monsters:
Are there realy only 2 ways where Monster will be activate?
- when i attack
- in the darknesszyclusphase

1a. When do i have to move the darkness scale?
paying handcards - ok
making damage per monstertyp - ok (no my mistake, thats the darkness scale of the heroes ;-)
also when i enter the threat range of a Monster? i saw it in a
gameplay Video
are there other ways?

2. Do the Monster really only move and attack during the darknesszyclusphase?
For exemaple: i can attack 3 or 4 time until the Monsters attack me?

3. If i have no handcard to attack (Action,reaction): is it possible to attack only with my weapon or do i have to wait until the refreshphase

4. If the cost of a handcard (for example an anttack) put the darkzykluss to 6 and i have to handle the darkzyklussphase, after finishing it, can continue the attack?

5. i realy tryed to unterstand the priority of the activation of Monsters but i didnt unterstand it.
how have i to unterstand Keywords like: Threat, Close, Anger and list. The first two i can unterstand but list and Anger???

6. Monsters entering the game: what means "aggressive" ,"focussed" and "deadly"?

7. The Hunter (dont know if its the right english Name, mean the man with the bow ) have a Card named "miss" where he can ignore an attack during the darknesszyclusphase. Will he ignore also so second attack of an Chief for example?

7a. have the hunter remove one of his loaded ammon after using a Card with the Keyword or his bow?

8. The wizard have a Card: Aura of the Elements where he can ignore damage during the herozyclussphase. How in hell will my heroes get damage during the heroezyclussphase??

9. How do I know when and how many treasures I can put after a defeated Monster?

God, i hope i had explain my Problems very well, so u guys can unterstand and help me.

There will be a lot of more questions i think, but These where the first ones. I thank u all for your answes.

greetings from germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
DasCameleon wrote:
Hi Guys,

i am writing from Germany an hope my english is good enough to explain my Problems with the rules.
The German rules are sometimes somewhat questionable so I hope u guys can help me because u have longer experience.

Your english is better than my German, so you're doing great!

Quote:

1. Activate Monsters:
Are there realy only 2 ways where Monster will be activate?
- when i attack
- in the darknesszyclusphase

They only activate in the Darkness phase. The darkness meter rises when you attack or play any cards with the red bits in the lower right of the card.

Quote:

2. Do the Monster really only move and attack during the darknesszyclusphase?
For exemaple: i can attack 3 or 4 time until the Monsters attack me?

Yes.

Quote:

3. If i have no handcard to attack (Action,reaction): is it possible to attack only with my weapon or do i have to wait until the refreshphase

You will have to wait.

Quote:

4. If the cost of a handcard (for example an anttack) put the darkzykluss to 6 and i have to handle the darkzyklussphase, after finishing it, can continue the attack?

You play out the card, raise the darkness meter, play out the darkness phase and then continue your hero turn.

Quote:

5. i realy tryed to unterstand the priority of the activation of Monsters but i didnt unterstand it.
how have i to unterstand Keywords like: Threat, Close, Anger and list. The first two i can unterstand but list and Anger???

Not sure here, someone else might better understand this one.

Quote:

6. Monsters entering the game: what means "aggressive" ,"focussed" and "deadly"?

Different versions of Lair spawning. Explanations are either on the darkness card or on the back of the minion card.

Quote:

7. The Hunter (dont know if its the right english Name, mean the man with the bow ) have a Card named "miss" where he can ignore an attack during the darknesszyclusphase. Will he ignore also so second attack of an Chief for example?

He ignores one entire attack. If that attack involved rolling several dice, he ignores all that.

Quote:

7a. have the hunter remove one of his loaded Munition after using a Card with the Keyword or his bow?

Yes.

Quote:

8. The wizard have a Card: Aura of the Elements where he can ignore damage during the herozyclussphase. How in hell will my heroes get damage during the heroezyclussphase??

I don't have the card in front of me, but I believe it's just one.

Quote:

9. How do I know when and how many treasures I can put after a defeated Monster?

One drops after you kill 3 or monsters with one attack card. Or if you kill a monster that is Bigger Than A Minion. (Boss, Mini-Boss, Cheif, Etc.) You only drop one treasure when this happens.

Quote:

God, i hope i had explain my Problems very well, so u guys can unterstand and help me.

I hope you understand me so I can help you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
HI Adam

WOw....thanks a lot. That was very fast and u answered a lot of my questions and remove the Question mark in my face :-)
SO yes..i unterstand u.

to 8. Is it at all possible to get hurt in the hero cycle?
otherwise i didnt unterstand my Card...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DasCameleon wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

some of your questions are difficult to answer because you used your own English translation of the German terms, so it might be hard for someone with an English version of the game to figure out what you are talking about.

By "Anger", do you mean what is called "Wut" in the German edition?
"Wut" is something the Soldier ("Soldat") has. It is a keyword on some of his cards, and he can get more of it by playing face-down cards. It's in the glossary "Schlüsselworte" on page 12 of the German rules pdf on the Ulisses page (I don't have a printed version of the German rules).

Not sure about "list". Maybe that is what "Guile" is in the English edition? Then it is the attribute associated with the "Brigand" character (I don't know the German name, it's the rat-like hero).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - and I don't mean to discourage you from asking here, but you may find it useful, if you haven't seen it already - there is a German-speaking Myth forum: http://weltvonmyth.de/forum/

I haven't looked at it closely, but a quick check shows there has been some activity during the last couple of days and even hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
Hi Kathrin,

besten Dank erstmal für deine Antwort. Bei dir müsste ich dann ja auch auf Deutsch fragen können, spricht man doch in Wien gell...;-)

Also das mit der Wut war richtig interpretiert von dir.

Und wenn wenn List in der englischen Version guile sein soll, dann ist bei der Deutschen Übersetzung irgendwas schief gelaufen. Ich habe mir mal alle Banditen Handkarten (Das ist der Rattenheld) angeschaut. Die Keywörter dort sind eher Schatten oder Kombination.

Von daher bin ich etwas verwirrt aber die Deutsche Übersetzung der SPielregeln ist eh alles andere als gelungen.

Aber gut.

Verstehe ich das mit den Prioritäten dann bei einem Wühler (jetzt weiß ich natürlich auch den englischen Begriff nicht (auf jeden Fall die kleinen Orks eben) so:
da steht als erstes Bedrohung (Threat)
dann Nähe (Close)
und dann Wut (Anger)

Wenn es jetzt um Bewegung oder Angriff geht, gehe ich diese Liste durch, sprich ich schaue welcher Held in seiner BedrohugnsReichweite hat die höchste Bedrohungsanzeige. Gibt es keinen, also alle oder mind. zwei haben die gleich ANzeige, schaue ich bei Nähe und er würde sich zum Held bewegen/angreifen der ihm an nähsten ist, sind es hier auch mindestens zwei, wer die höchste Wut hat? Das kann dann ja nur der Soldat sein.
Und wenns dann keinen Soldaten geben würde ?

Oder hab ich das Prinzip doch eher falsch verstanden?

Vielen Dank schonmal im Voraus

Es werden bei jedem Spielen bestimmt noch mehr Fragen kommen. :-)

Und kann Held im Heldenzyklus überhaupt Schaden bekommen?

LG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
Ah Thx,

was also my first idea but then i thought the experience are in english a bit better..;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd like to ask your questions in German, the German forum really is a better option, imho. I'm not comfortable switching to German in a thread that started out in English - it seems a bit impolite towards other participants. Also, I'm fairly new to the game myself and have only played with 3 of the 5 base game heroes, so I'd like others to be able to check the correctness of my answers so I don't explain stuff the wrong way.
And I don't have the German cards, or read the whole German rulebook, so it's a lot more work for me to look things up than it would be for someone who also plays with the German edition. I actually bought the English version because I wanted to avoid having to deal with what everything is called in two different languages. Sorry, but that takes more time than I am willing to spend. I'll answer your question about priorities so that you can get started, but then I'll go back to my English edition.

Basically, you are correct about the priorities. If you have two heroes that have the same value for the first priority on that enemy's card (here: threat/Bedrohung), the enemy will look at the next characteristic (here: proximity/Nähe) and so on. If the end of the list on the enemy card is reached, you always look at "Niedrigste Lebenskraft" (lowest vitality), and then "Wahl der Spieler" decides. So if there are ties (Unentschieden) for all the priorities (and if there is no Soldier, the tie is because they all have rage = 0), you get to pick who the enemy attacks.
Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
thats help a lot.
Thank u and sorry for switching into german. Was a Little bit easier but you are right..:-)

Think i can start now and wait for the next questions..:-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
DasCameleon wrote:
HI Adam

WOw....thanks a lot. That was very fast and u answered a lot of my questions and remove the Question mark in my face :-)
SO yes..i unterstand u.

The Darkness Cycle starts when the Darkness Meter (the Action Point (AP) Counter) has reached six for any reason. This could be between Hero Cycle Phases when AP is added for each monster type or during a Hero Cycle Phase when playing cards that add to the AP. The effect on the card is completed and then a Darkness Cycle starts. Once the Darkness Cycle finishes, you are back in the original Hero Cycle Phase. A Hero Cycle Phase only ends when you choose to go into the Hero Deck Phase. (The Hero Deck Phase is followed by the Refresh Phase. The Refresh Phase is followed by another Hero Cycle Phase.)

Thus, the Apprentice's ability is valid for the Hero Cycle, including any Darkness Cycles that occur during that Hero Cycle. (And yes, there can be multiple Darkness Cycles in one Hero Cycle.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Sebstian,

if you have more questions you may also head over to

www.weltvonmyth.de

That's the "official" german MYTH forum. Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
Thx a lot..:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
rpvt wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:
HI Adam

SO yes..i unterstand u.

The Darkness Cycle starts when the Darkness Meter (the Action Point (AP) Counter) has reached six for any reason. This could be between Hero Cycle Phases when AP is added for each monster type or during a Hero Cycle Phase when playing cards that add to the AP. The effect on the card is completed and then a Darkness Cycle starts. Once the Darkness Cycle finishes, you are back in the original Hero Cycle Phase. A Hero Cycle Phase only ends when you choose to go into the Hero Deck Phase. (The Hero Deck Phase is followed by the Refresh Phase. The Refresh Phase is followed by another Hero Cycle Phase.)

Thus, the Apprentice's ability is valid for the Hero Cycle, including any Darkness Cycles that occur during that Hero Cycle. (And yes, there can be multiple Darkness Cycles in one Hero Cycle.)

Thanks a lot Adam.
So I have to understand the dark cycle phase as simply a part of the hero cycle phase? ... then it makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DasCameleon wrote:
So I have to understand the dark cycle phase as simply a part of the hero cycle phase? ... then it makes sense

The way I understand it: Only if the Darkness Cycle interrupts the Hero Cycle because it is triggered by the AP cost of a Hero Card. If it is triggered during the Refresh Phase (when the Darkness Meter is raised because of how many active monster types there are), then it isn't part of the Hero Cycle.
So a Darkness Cycle CAN be part of a Hero Cycle, but it isn't always.

Edit: Yes, active monster types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
marble911 wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:

The way I understand it: Only if the Darkness Cycle interrupts the Hero Cycle because it is triggered by the AP cost of a Hero Card. If it is triggered during the Refresh Phase (when the Darkness Meter is raised because of how many monster types there are), then it isn't part of the Hero Cycle.

mhm...think so too. But You mean how many monstertyps are activate ( Because they were attacked or the heroes are within their threat range (during the hero cycle phase not during the dark cycle phase) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DasCameleon wrote:
marble911 wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:

The way I understand it: Only if the Darkness Cycle interrupts the Hero Cycle because it is triggered by the AP cost of a Hero Card. If it is triggered during the Refresh Phase (when the Darkness Meter is raised because of how many monster types there are), then it isn't part of the Hero Cycle.

mhm...think so too. But You mean how many monstertyps are activate ( Because they were attacked or the heroes are within their threat range (during the hero cycle phase not during the dark cycle phase) ?

Correct!

The AP added during the Refresh phase depend on the number of active monster types. And they get either active because you are in threat range at the beginning of a Darkness cylce or because you attacked them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian U
msg tools
nimmzwei wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:
marble911 wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:

Correct!

The AP added during the Refresh phase depend on the number of active monster types. And they get either active because you are in threat range at the beginning of a Darkness cylce or because you attacked them.

But when I enter the monster threat range during the hero cycle phase, for example by movement, will the monsters also be activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
DasCameleon wrote:
nimmzwei wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:
marble911 wrote:
DasCameleon wrote:

Correct!

But when I enter the monster threat range during the hero cycle phase, for example by movement, will the monsters also be activated?

"Activated" in this context actually means they will now contribute to the Darkness Meter in the Refresh Phase. The do not actually take a turn "when activated" by being within their threat range.

Not that monster threat range changes based upon your threat total. So you could not move and still end up within threat range by accumulating enough threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.