Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the MvM interview, and they talked about certain quest paths becoming "closed" as the story changes. This makes sense, thematically.

But what if we later want to go back through and see what we missed? Is that possible? Or will the board/story not allow it because it of how the world has already been changed?

In other words, it says 95 scenarios, but can the owner actually play all 95 scenarios if they wanted to?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall hearing Isaac say, you can play those "missed" scenarios separately as one-offs, but their ripple effects have no consequence on the overall story, so you would not unlock new areas discovered there etc...

I'm sure there is more clarification to this than I can offer at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
technically you could manage to unlock all scenarios in the campaign but you wouldn't be able to play all as some are getting closed off if you finish others. But you can still play them in the "crawl mode" or simply reset the campaign with the reset pdf that will be provided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
reset pdf that will be provided

Do you have more info on this? tyvm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
"The PDF is also going to include detailed instructions for "resetting" the world. (returning components to their proper envelop, restoring decks, and all that)" It will probably include a printout stickersheet for all enhancements and map stickers and will be released to BGG in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Isaac mentioned at Essen that, with some effort, the game could be reset to its initial starting point. This would allow you to play with a different group should you want to restart the campaign. But even then, there might be scenarios that don't get experienced. That capability was a major selling point for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
That capability was a major selling point for me.

Agreed. Much mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only place stickers on a map and you can reuse it again its not ruined, its even looking better. I probably will place all stickers at the start, they don't spoil anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel Gallemit
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmazut wrote:
You only place stickers on a map and you can reuse it again its not ruined, its even looking better. I probably will place all stickers at the start, they don't spoil anything.

You could probably wrap the map with clear plastic and stick the stickers there.

New group/campaign? Remove plastic, put on new plastic, use new stickers. GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Scheuber
United States
North Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kmazut wrote:
I probably will place all stickers at the start, they don't spoil anything.

Wouldnt that make it difficult to remember which locations are available to you at the time? My impression from watching a few of the interviews was that completing quests and such will unlock new lcoations along that quest line so you know where to head next.

I could be wrong but that was how i understood it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recall237 wrote:
kmazut wrote:
I probably will place all stickers at the start, they don't spoil anything.

Wouldnt that make it difficult to remember which locations are available to you at the time? My impression from watching a few of the interviews was that completing quests and such will unlock new lcoations along that quest line so you know where to head next.

I could be wrong but that was how i understood it.

Agreed. It's my understanding that the stickers on the map let you know which scenarios are unlocked for you play in the campaign.

To the OP, as others have said you can play any scenario in casual mode (Rulebook p34), though it is recommended to unlock them in the campaign first. However, nothing is torn or ripped up in this game (unlike some other legacy games), so you could always just look up the desired scenario in the book and play it whenever you'd want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
NOW I NEED SLEEVES FOR MY STICKERS!!!!!

J/K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn van Ginkel
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mb
Quite true, we do already need sleeves for the battle decks since the enchantment stickers go the cards themselves. So we need a slightly larger sleeve to sleeve the stickered sleeve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think an easy fix for playing through a second time, it to simply use a marker of a easy to see color, and outline locations that are available for that campaign. stickers can stay on the board, but they are locked until they get outlined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pearson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The easiest way to play again... Which is doubtful for me after so much play time, is to buy a second copy. Well worth it to me if I want to play again after 100 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a sleeve for the map so you put the stickers on the sleeve, all you need is replacement sticker sheets and you can swap out what is unlocked for each group.

thebobymon wrote:
NOW I NEED SLEEVES FOR MY STICKERS!!!!!

J/K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kmazut wrote:

I would strongly recommend not doing that. First of all, you spoil the surprise when you get to unlock a new location. But also, a sticker on the map usually means you can go there. If you put all the stickers on, you won't know which ones you can visit and which ones you can't.

There are also special locations that only unlock when certain things happen. You should NOT put these stickers on the map before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
kmazut wrote:

I would strongly recommend not doing that. First of all, you spoil the surprise when you get to unlock a new location. But also, a sticker on the map usually means you can go there. If you put all the stickers on, you won't know which ones you can visit and which ones you can't.

There are also special locations that only unlock when certain things happen. You should NOT put these stickers on the map before then.

yea, it would be quite confusing to track where you "can" go and where you cant not...

the sticker = hat location is open to explore; if you put them all down, no way for you to tell what you "unlock" in the campaign and what you have not..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericp23 wrote:
The easiest way to play again... Which is doubtful for me after so much play time, is to buy a second copy. Well worth it to me if I want to play again after 100 hours.

btw... this.

I was going for reset; then play pandemic legacy, got tired of keeping tarck to reset by march... and in this one, 95+ scenarios, if I still want to play again (considering how long that would take, at least 8 month... and how many more games I`ll have waiting..)

I`ll just buy another one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
Yes, Isaac mentioned at Essen that, with some effort, the game could be reset to its initial starting point. This would allow you to play with a different group should you want to restart the campaign. But even then, there might be scenarios that don't get experienced. That capability was a major selling point for me.
Just a quick note: You can play with several groups in the same world without resetting; it's actually meant to be done that way. All parties get the same permanent changes and advance the town. What one group does will thus have some consequences on the experiences of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.