Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Math trade time everyone. Due to requests made by some of the participants along with some restrictions on my time this one is going to be a little different. This will be a No Ship Single Day math trade. In other words if you choose to sign up for the math trade it is your responsibility to deliver and recieve your games on Sunday November 20th at Waconia Brewing Company. Proxies are allowed (I won't be a proxy this time around) and as always emergencies will be understood. If you end up not being able to attend do your best to work around the schedule of the people you need to meet with. I understand that Waconia isn't the best location for a lot of people but it's worth the trip.

Details
Math Trade Submission Start: 11/5/2016 1:00 PM
Math Trade Submission End: 11/10/2016 10:00 PM
Math Trade Wants End: 11/12/2016 10:00 PM
Delivery Date: 11/20/2016
Delivery Location:
Waconia Brewing Company
255 W Main St, Waconia, MN 55387

Exciting new thing to make this more interesting. Xander Sanchez will be running his first Reverse Auction at the event. In a reverse auction all items will be set out with a starting price on them. At any time during the auction you may go to Xander and Pay for the game(s) you want. Bring Cash as he does not have a credit card machine. He is 11 years old after all. Every 30 minutes for 3 hours all remaining games will get a $5 discount for a total of $25 off of the original price. Please take this into account when deciding your starting price. If the owner of the game thinks they can use it you can them offer a Waconia Brewing Company Gift card for the appropriate ammount. There will be a geek list where people can, but are not required, to post any items that they intend to bring to the auction. Posting here will help Xander prepare for the auction. Xander will be accepting Tips for paying for materials to run the auction as well as his time.

Details
Auction List Posting: 11/12/2016 10:00 PM
Auction Start: 11/20/2016 1:00 PM
Auction Discount Period: 30 minutes
Auction Discount Amount: $5
Auction End: 11/20/2016 4:00 PM

I will be running a more normal math trade at a more central location in the spring.

Waconia Brewing Details:
Hours: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
Drinks: Root Beer costs $2 and Beer $5-$6. I encourage, but do not require, everyone attending to get something as they are not charging us for the space.
Food: Only Popcorn. Everyone is welcome to bring whatever food they want or get a pizza delivered when they want something.
Family Friendly: Yes
Space to Play: Yes

I submitted the request for reserved space this weekend.

Any Questions?

If there are questions about changing the date or location save it. The holidays are a busy time. If this is a very small math trade as a result then we'll have a really big one in the spring. The only thing that is going to change the Date and or Location is a denial of the request for reserved tables. Which I doubt will happen. All other questions are welcome.

Consider this the first annual WBC Con. Cost 1 optional beer and the fuel it takes to get out to Waconia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun idea! Will there be Gift Cards/video games/non board games allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

Same rules as last times for Gift Cards and Cash. The Person "Selling" The game needs to give BGG their 3% cut through geek market.

I Encourage Gift cards to local stores and WBC cause...well cause.

Since this will likely be a smaller group non board game items are welcome. Does anyone want a huge Imaginext (small kids toys) collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

I'm just asking because I'm mirroring the "East Side" version after all the hard work being done here. Just need to change the names and ZING!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

Will Chad be allowed? There was some discussion in a different thread regarding this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

Will Chad be allowed? There was some discussion in a different thread regarding this...

There might be a cover charge at the door for chad. If he asks everyone payed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

Is there a side door I can slip in without being detected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having a 10 hour window for trades is not ideal. If I can make it at 11:00am, but some of my traders can't until 7:00pm... I'm not waiting around for 8 hours. (I can only drink so much beer in one day whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Having a 10 hour window for trades is not ideal. If I can make it at 11:00am, but some of my traders can't until 7:00pm... I'm not waiting around for 8 hours. (I can only drink so much beer in one day whistle )

I'm willing to put a required window for people to be there if that is an issue for people. I was just stating the Hours that they are open. I would recommend that we set a window from 1:00 to 3:00. it gives people a reasonable time.

For those who can not attend within that window another option is to stop by and drop off your games and then pick up later. I'll be there most of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Edwards
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

He can bypass the cover charge if he wears a Cleveland Indian's hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willynate1978 wrote:
sancmat wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Will Pete be allowed?

He can bypass the cover charge if he wears a Cleveland Indian's hat.

Why would I? The Cubs are World Champions!!! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade list is up.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216634/waconia-con-no-shi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks again for running a trade. I will get games added soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Holland
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a problem if I can't make the appointed day but am willing to figure out a time/place that works for the people I end up trading with? I'll be at BGG.Con, but have very good availability to meet up with others in general. I don't want to miss out on this trade (unless all my stuff trades in the BGG.Con trade I guess...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank B
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I am unable to make it to the trade (no matter where - even if it was at my own house, I wouldn't be there); so, unless I can find a proxy, I won't be able to participate this time. Anyone able to proxy for me, by chance? I also know Ryan and Chris would like to participate but need proxies (they asked me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pbpancho wrote:
Is it a problem if I can't make the appointed day but am willing to figure out a time/place that works for the people I end up trading with? I'll be at BGG.Con, but have very good availability to meet up with others in general. I don't want to miss out on this trade (unless all my stuff trades in the BGG.Con trade I guess...)

There were requests by multiple people that we keep this to no extra meetups (barring emergencies). This will certainly make this math trade smaller unfortunately. It's a busy time of year for everyone. Noting how many people are looking for proxies shows that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a minimum price or ability to pull games from the auction? For example, I may start a game at $30, but would rather keep it than sell it for $10. Could I pull it before it drops too low?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
Will there be a minimum price or ability to pull games from the auction? For example, I may start a game at $30, but would rather keep it than sell it for $10. Could I pull it before it drops too low?

Let me check into how other similar auctions have been run. The two options I know I've seen are

1. Just have people have their starting bids so high that their minimum is Start-$25.

2. If it gets below $20 prices drop by $2 instead of $5. I'm leaning this way right now.

Either way your goal is to set your minimum price to be the last price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:

You are still hanging around? We should trade some games back and forth again. laugh

On a related note, that's a good idea if possible. Otherwise you'd just have to start your prices that are $25 above the minimum you are willing to sell them for; which might not be too bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
For those of us who are brand new to math trades, am I missing any steps?

Step 1: Add games you have and are willing to trade to the geeklist. Do this on or before Nov 10th.
Step 2: Somewhere, say which games you want?
Step 3: Confirm/Reject trades

Step 2: In OLWLG site, select which games you want (from all geeklist entries), and which of your games (listed in step 1) you are willing to trade for each of these games. Do this on or before Nov 12th.
Step 3: Drop off games, pick up games. Have a drink. Repeat as necessary. Do this on Nov 20th.

*Edit* Changed to reflect correct steps and deadlines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:

Step 1: Add games you have and are willing to trade to the geeklist. Do this on or before Nov 10th.

Your step 3 doesn't exist.

Step 1: Yes.
Step 2: go to the OLWLG website (I link it in the header of the geek list) there you will say what games you want and what games you are willing to give up for each.
Step 3: deliver games.

Between step 2 and step 3 I run a program that tells you the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhado has a great video series on math trades. little dry but then again it's not that exciting of a process so I think he does a good job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:

re Step 3 - That's not a part of Math Trading.

While you're "stuck" with whatever trades you are matched with... you can help yourself by doing a couple of things.

1> If you don't want to trade away a game for something garbage then DON'T want it. I always go with the "worst case scenario" on these trades. If I'm not sure about something I ask "would I be upset if this was my match for this game?" If yes, don't ask for it in your want for that game. Easy Peasy

2> If you don't like ANYTHING on the geeklist for an item you've put up you DON'T have to submit any wants for that title. It happens, and sometimes people just don't like the other games on the list. However I think it's good for people to submit their trades anyway because you never know what can show up last minute. It's easier to just submit an empty want for something you're reluctant to get rid of than it is to look at the final list and think "well, crap I wanted that game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Sounds good, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.