Subject: Extra cards & discs - Anything else wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wish I'd read the forums more thoroughly before spending money on this. Looks like I have 7 extra cards and 6 extra discs. Oh well, now I know not to buy Jolly Roger games even though I'd still like to give this a play.

I assume the game will be fine if I do the following:
1. Remove 1 card from each of the stacks above.
2. Remove 3 blue and 3 red discs.
3. Apply the errata to the Defcon track agenda cards (and counterintuitively read them from the bottom up.

Anything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
Hustle Like Russell - 12th Man for Life!
badge
My height doesn't define my skill set. To be a great gamer, you have to have great leadership, great attention to detail and a relentless competitive nature - and I try to bring that on a daily basis.
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:

3. Apply the errata to the Defcon track agenda cards (and counterintuitively read them from the bottom up.

Anything else?

That is all you need to do. Missing components is far worse than having extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
There are spare discs in all copies I have received as well.
We recycle them for new prototypes (spoiler: we are making new games! whistle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Puresand
Finland
flag msg tools
stevepop wrote:
I wish I'd read the forums more thoroughly before spending money on this. Looks like I have 7 extra cards and 6 extra discs. Oh well, now I know not to buy Jolly Roger games even though I'd still like to give this a play.

Anything else?

I recently purchased this game, and in my copy I seem to only have 3 extra blue discs and 3 extra red discs. So I guess it is enough for me that I remove the extra discs before playing.

What has been the problem with the Defcon track agenda cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also have 3 extra discs, so what? I don't quite get why you never want to buy a game from them again because you have received too many components? Missing cards I could understand. Am I missing something here?
The game is quite nice imo, so don't miss out on at least trying it out and see whether you like it .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
I also have 3 extra discs, so what? I don't quite get why you never want to buy a game from them again because you have received too many components? Missing cards I could understand. Am I missing something here?
The game is quite nice imo, so don't miss out on at least trying it out and see whether you like it .

It wasn't just extra discs which are a problem since you wonder if you missed something in the rules. That wasn't too big a deal, but the extra cards would have thrown off the card distribution if I hadn't discovered the error. And the error on the defcon track cards is really poor form.

I posted this here because, of course, I intended to try the game and now I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.