$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 92.23

5,975 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Abstract Games» Forums » General

Subject: Where is Board Game Subdomain within BGG Forums? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Several times now,yet another is unable to LOCATE that/this in BGG Forums here, so, where are they "exactly"?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Buckley
England
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
23rd June: Black Thursday :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too sure either. I often find it easier to find various pages on boardgamegeek by using google than by using boardgamegeek itself.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
building
goo ~F-I-V-E-! 'diddlysquatlieu'-coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee or more likely 10-bag-L@@T for WHOM found that FIRST, now!"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamesubdomain/ returns a 404 "not found" error. So I guess the answer is "nowhere".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Budapest wrote:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamesubdomain/ returns a 404 "not found" error. So I guess the answer is "nowhere".
ONE 'diddlysquatlieu'-coffee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The various subdomains are much deemphasized now. I fooled around and found them. I don't remember a particular link to get to all of the subdomains that works now. Wargames is the only subdomain that has more than one forum.

Abstract Games domain forum

Children's games domain forum

Customizable Games domain forum

Family Games domain forum

Party Games domain forum

Strategy Games domain forum

Thematic Games domain forum

Wargames domain forums
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the "Subdomain Forums" module on my front page; from there I see them. In practice, only Wargames and Abstract Games are usually active.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Move your mouse over 'Board Games' at the top of the page:

5 
 Thumb up
10.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I J
United Kingdom
Oxford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Move your mouse over 'Board Games' at the top of the page:



Doing this selects the forum within the 'subdomain forum' module on the front page (Same result by selecting from the drop down menu at the top of the module). To get to the subdomain 'home page' click on the bold label just before each link in the list of topics within the module. I can't find a meta-page of subdomains - it may be there never was one?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
I have the "Subdomain Forums" module on my front page; from there I see them. In practice, only Wargames and Abstract Games are usually active.


There is a parent link which has all the subdomain forums?

If so what is it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
herace wrote:
russ wrote:
I have the "Subdomain Forums" module on my front page; from there I see them. In practice, only Wargames and Abstract Games are usually active.


There is a parent link which has all the subdomain forums?

If so what is it?
Then somebody should INFORM and POST about this in "New Users Questions" and have this 'Pinned' within there. Suffice it to 'say' that they are NOT within the BGG Forums, as far that it had been shown.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone who has more care points about this than I do could edit the BGG wiki page Forums to include links to the subdomain forums.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Someone who has more care points about this than I do could edit the BGG wiki page Forums to include links to the subdomain forums.


That has been suggested...

BGG Suggestions >> add a list of the subdomain forums to the "main" forum page
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
russ wrote:
Someone who has more care points about this than I do could edit the BGG wiki page Forums to include links to the subdomain forums.


That has been suggested...

BGG Suggestions >> add a list of the subdomain forums to the "main" forum page

That is a different suggestion. The main forum page https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek is different from the BGG wiki page Forums.

I agree that making them appear on the main forum page would be good, but that would take programmer/admin effort. In contrast, anyone with enough care points can edit the BGG wiki page Forums.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
[...]
That is a different suggestion. The main forum page https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek is different from the BGG wiki page Forums.
[...]


That strikes me as weird. Perhaps someplace to hang "Forums not listed", but the wiki webpage is about the main Forums webpage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Now there "is" that in there with: How to Locate "Subdomain Forums" in here & everywhere Thanks to all of you as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
russ wrote:
[...]
That is a different suggestion. The main forum page https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek is different from the BGG wiki page Forums.
[...]


That strikes me as weird. Perhaps someplace to hang "Forums not listed", but the wiki webpage is about the main Forums webpage.

The wiki page redundantly lists the forums which one could see from the main forum page, I agree, but as an interim workaround, I think it's at least a natural reasonable place to put a list of links to the subdomain forums which at least some users would find! It's a better workaround than nothing.

Or people can just keep on talking about it in this thread, whatever they prefer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
shake "TWO TIMES/LATE!" since, 'previous response' ABOVE. whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.