GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.79
44.2% of Goal | left
We are a friendly group of all kinds who play every type of board game. So why not visit to learn and play great games with great people?
Nothing like a session with lots of sugar to make your decision making all the sweeter! NB CandyLand is banned but you can be thematic with any sugary themed game or simply one with sweet mechanics...
Ludo Outaouais 2016: 25-27 November. A multi-day open gaming spectacular! Registration is open!
There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 3 November 2016. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.
We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames 2016 to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the doors facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
I'm up for any of the following games.
Food Chain Magnet
Hearts and Mind
If I could get to play any of these games that would be sweet!
- Last edited Wed Nov 2, 2016 5:10 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Nov 2, 2016 4:58 pm
I'm bringing 1865: Sardinia. All the rules are ironed out. Those who are curious and didn't have a chance last time can try it.
- Last edited Wed Nov 2, 2016 9:57 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Wed Nov 2, 2016 8:33 pm