Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a newcomer to OCS and am keen to expand my collection. I recently bought Tunisia (the old one) as it seemed like an inexpensive way to test the waters and I've since acquired Reluctant Enemies as well.

Hunting around my usual OLGS's I have found few (if any) seem to stock OCS titles. I realise most are now out of print but I expected it to be easier to find more recent titles like this one.

Where do you UK buyers get your OCS games from? Do you order direct from MMP? Is that the most cost-effective way or are there other retailers that I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Riley
United Kingdom
Bridport
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Chance Games. They do pre-orders too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
I'm a newcomer to OCS and am keen to expand my collection. I recently bought Tunisia (the old one) as it seemed like an inexpensive way to test the waters and I've since acquired Reluctant Enemies as well.

Hunting around my usual OLGS's I have found few (if any) seem to stock OCS titles. I realise most are now out of print but I expected it to be easier to find more recent titles like this one.

Where do you UK buyers get your OCS games from? Do you order direct from MMP? Is that the most cost-effective way or are there other retailers that I am missing?

Can you chaps in the UK get the new Operational matters book? It comes with Sicily II which is o good intro of sorts to OCS. It may be a less expensive way to expand your OCS collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Great. Thanks, Mark. Do I preorder with MMP and then expect that SCG will handle it, or do I go direct to SCG?

Are there any other retailers that are worth looking at?

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Chris. Yes - I'd love to get Operational Matters too. I just haven't been able to find it for a reasonable price yet - which is what led me to believe that I might not be looking in the right places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don More
United Kingdom
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Operational Matters from second chance games. Not cheap but came in a couple of days. The usual sources for MMP games seem to be taking longer and longer to get new stuff in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Blackman
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've previously got most of my OCS titles from Gameslore and they've always been fast and reliable. Leisure Games carry OCS titles as well.

But it seems a lot of OCS titles which have been readily available for a couple of years (Beyond the Rhine, Blitzkrieg Legend, Baltic Gap, Guderians Blitzkrieg 2) are mostly out of stock.

Second Chance do have a few... but I've always felt they're a bit overpriced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Riley
United Kingdom
Bridport
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve - you go direct to SCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still looking - I got my copies from Hexasim in France for 45 Euros, Tunisia II for 55 Euros, and 7 Euro shipping total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.