Subject: Patrician rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
The top (discard) action of the patrician is the following in the English chronicle:

Quote:
Instead of drawing blindly, you may
pick a tile of your choice from the bag

I'm not sure what this means. I'm doing the card action in the middle of my turn when I'm granted this ability. Is it giving me this power on my next turn, on all future turns (clearly too powerful).

The German and French rules are of no help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I interpreted this as an ongoing effect. Since you could hold on to it for 4VP at game end, it is like saving 4 sparrows (assuming the correct tile was in the loading dock each time). Early game it will pay off handsomely. Late game it is worth 4VP. Mid-game -- depends.

However, I am not sure how you denote that you have this ongoing effect.

EDIT: I now disagree with myself. But I have no idea *when* you'd play that card.

edit 2:
rules wrote:
Once you have acquired cards during the course of the game,you may play 1 hand card per round (at any time during your turn).

So clearly some of these cards will be played at different times during the turn. I can only assume that the cards must be played at the appropriate time during your turn, so the Patrician can be used once per game to choose a certain tile to place during the draw-a-tile phase.

The rules on first read seem to imply that you (1) draw and place a tile

THEN

(2) Do the appropriate actions

THEN (3) place a card (optional).

However, the wording of part 3 clearly states that a card can be placed once per turn perhaps during (1) or (2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Of course. That completely escaped me while reading the card abilities. Thank you for figuring it out meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.