40.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Preview cards available for Marie Lambeau with pre-order of art book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The following items come with the preorder:

Quote:
One hardbound copy* of The Investigators of Arkham Horror.

*Note that this includes investigator stories and artwork.
Quote:
An exclusive playmat featuring the boundless and chaotic Ancient One known as Azathoth, with art by Brian Valenzuela.

Quote:
Four high-quality art prints, measuring 12" by 18", with bone-chilling work by Adam S. Doyle, Tomasz Jedruszek, and Magali Villeneuve.

Quote:
Three preview cards for Arkham Horror: The Card Game—a Marie Lambeau investigator card and her two signature cards. These allow you to enjoy the game as Marie Lambeau prior to the investigator's normal release.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/1/the-inv...

I do enjoy the art in the game, and like the playmat. I have not fully decided if I wish to get it yet.

But, I am considering it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Hemberger
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shipping to france is as much as the whole package, so I'm gonna pass .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
The following items come with the preorder:

Quote:
One hardbound copy of The Investigators of Arkham Horror.

Quote:
An exclusive playmat featuring the boundless and chaotic Ancient One known as Azathoth, with art by Brian Valenzuela.

Quote:
Four high-quality art prints, measuring 12" by 18", with bone-chilling work by Adam S. Doyle, Tomasz Jedruszek, and Magali Villeneuve.

Quote:
Three preview cards for Arkham Horror: The Card Game—a Marie Lambeau investigator card and her two signature cards. These allow you to enjoy the game as Marie Lambeau prior to the investigator's normal release.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/1/the-inv...

I do enjoy the art in the game, and like the playmat. I have not fully decided if I wish to get it yet.

But, I am considering it.

Yeah - the short stories could be a lot of fun actually... I'm going to think on it as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very tempted by this, I wonder if the Marie Lambeau card is the same art as the normal release version for later? I'm not really that interested in the art prints, but the book itself and playmat sounds awesome in addition to the new investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we assume that Jim Culver is the only Mystic in the Dunwich Legacy, it looks like Marie Lambeau must be from an as yet unknown expansion, presumably the next deluxe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hellicon wrote:
If we assume that Jim Culver is the only Mystic in the Dunwich Legacy, it looks like Marie Lambeau must be from an as yet unknown expansion, presumably the next deluxe?

Good observation. That'd be my first guess as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a side note, the pre-order package is $59.95, but the book would normally be $39.95.

So, the playmat, 4 art prints, and Marie Lambeau cards are for an extra $20.

Since their playmats often run for $20-30 its definitely acceptable.

And, I hadn't realized how large the book was (264 pages).

I think I may have almost convinced myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Very tempted by this, I wonder if the Marie Lambeau card is the same art as the normal release version for later? I'm not really that interested in the art prints, but the book itself and playmat sounds awesome in addition to the new investigator.

I would assume so, the draw is probably just getting her early.

This does sound weirdly tempting, given how much time I've put into my own personal versions of characters like Ashcan Pete, Leo Anderson (he has a wife in Illinois), and Jaqueline Fine (a dry wit and a wet liver, she tells folks via psychic visions things like "Well, that cut on your leg, the good news is you won't need to worry so much about trimming your toenails,").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang it! Everyone in the Lord if the Rings forums is always asking for Magali prints and this is what FFG does!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellicon wrote:

Is it confirmed somewhere that Lambeau is Mystic, or is that your (logical) assumption?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Is it confirmed somewhere that Lambeau is Mystic, or is that your (logical) assumption?

There's a small picture of her card in the article, and it has a purple background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks a lot like FFG's Arkham Horror Files version of their Worlds of Android book last year. I was really impressed when I got the book - obviously I'd been interested in it, but hadn't realised just how big it was, or how quite how much text would be in it! The previews had shown a lot of splash pages with huge images and little text, but the majority of pages actually have a lot of text on them. It was really satisfying and a solid product (even if I still haven't got around to reading a good portion of it).

I'm not convinced I'll go for this one - having yet to read either a lot of Worlds of Android, or indeed the original Lovecraft stories, both sat on my shelves, is a bit of a disincentive - but thought people might like to know this isn't FFG's first foray into this sort of thing, and their previous attempt was really quite stunning.

Although I'm not a fan of the Azathoth playmat to be honest. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would have purchased the book anyway, so having the investigator (the primary factor in my decision to preorder) pretty much sealed it. The playmat will be nice to have, as well. If I like it enough, I won't have to look around for a playmat to purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snap preordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
26$ shipping cost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure when I read it was an art book, but then I saw it's actually a collection of shrot stories and jumped on it. Pretty neat package, all told. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
26$ shipping cost

Yeah, FFG is tough when it comes to "adding on" to the total.

I sometimes order their "Five Dollar" holiday items, but always keeping in mind that another $20 will be tacked on at the end.

Too bad this can't be something my FLGS could pick up for me.

$80 is a total nonstarter for this item (for me, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm tempted since I own everything Arkham Horror, everything Mansions of Madness, Elder Sign on IPad and will eventually get Eldritch Horror too...

BUT the price and shipping are brutal. That $40.00 book will be $30.00 retail so paying $75+ total or $45+ for the extras is high. Probably wouldn't hang the art prints anywhere. The preview cards are just a preview. So a lot comes down to the playmat.

What's it for? Is it just art? Is it laid out for use with the card game? Is it mousepad or paper? Is it doublesided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
What's it for? Is it just art? Is it laid out for use with the card game? Is it mousepad or paper? Is it doublesided?

From the image on the site, and from experience of having the Worlds of Android mat:

Single-sided; no layout just high-quality full-bleed art, neoprene like all their playmats.

What's it for? Bling. Use it as your own personal Investigator area/Threat area if you want. Use it with other card games. Mount it in a frame and put in on your wall (yes, I've seen people do this with playmats before). It's really up to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Slater
Canada
flag msg tools
Would love to buy this. 70USD shipping to UK? No can do. I am from Canada, so I thought I'd check on how much it would cost to ship it there and pick it up when I drop in home. 50USD. Come on...there's no way the shipping should cost this much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
spiraljacobs wrote:
Would love to buy this. 70USD shipping to UK? No can do. I am from Canada, so I thought I'd check on how much it would cost to ship it there and pick it up when I drop in home. 50USD. Come on...there's no way the shipping should cost this much.

When I ordered the Android book, I did a bulk order (10 or 12 people, I forget now). Hugely reduces the amount of shipping you each individually have to pay, though there was some small import tax on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued by this bit:

Quote:
An essential tome for all the most daring fans of our Arkham Horror Files games, The Investigators of Arkham Horror contains fifty-two short stories with full-color art by more than forty of the industry's most talented artists.

Arkham Horror has 48 Investigators, and all the Arkham Files games up to now have just reused those - except that Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition introduced 4 completely new Investigators. So it looks like those 4 are also getting their stories in the book. Does this also imply that there are no plans to introduce any more brand new Investigators into any of the games any time soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
I imagine that Eldritch Horror will continue to add investigators after they use up all remaining Arkham Horror investigators. And that Mansions, LCG, and Elder Sign will benefit from this as well.

Basically, Eldritch Horror is driving the new investigator content train. The reason Mansions got 4 new investigators is only because of that.

So if someone can do the math, after we get 8 new investigators for Dreamlands expansion, are their any left of the 52 not yet released in EH?

If not, expect 4 brand new investigators with the next EH small box expansion, which may end up being a 2018 release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
26$ shipping cost

Try being in the UK - $70 shipping cost!! That's $130, even before you get hit with customs duties cry

I think I can persuade Santa to get the book, but not to cover the shipping cost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spotH3D wrote:
I imagine that Eldritch Horror will continue to add investigators after they use up all remaining Arkham Horror investigators. And that Mansions, LCG, and Elder Sign will benefit from this as well.

Basically, Eldritch Horror is driving the new investigator content train. The reason Mansions got 4 new investigators is only because of that.

So if someone can do the math, after we get 8 new investigators for Dreamlands expansion, are their any left of the 52 not yet released in EH?

If not, expect 4 brand new investigators with the next EH small box expansion, which may end up being a 2018 release.

I have a list of all the characters appearing in /spoiled for Mansions 2nd Edition, Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror and the LCG (because those are the Arkham games I play). There are 52 of them, which sounds right, based on what’s been discussed here.

Of those 52, as far as I can tell, the following have not been released for Eldritch Horror:

Agatha Crane, Amanda Sharpe* Ashcan Pete, Bob Jenkins, Carolyn Fern, Carson Sinclair, Darrell Simmonds, Father Mateo, Gloria Goldberg, Kate Winthrop, Luke Robinson* Preston Fairmont, Rita Young, Roland Banks, Vincent Lee, William Yorrick

Amanda & Luke are already confirmed for Dreamlands, based on the announcement article.
That leaves 14 left by my reckoning – if we assume that 6 of them will fill out Dreamlands, that still leaves 8 left for the Eldritch expansion after that.

(Edit: Formatting)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.