Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so i have been reading the MOM2 forums and trying to wrap my head arond the MOM1 and MOM2 tile issue.

SO if i have MOM2 and I buy the Reoccuring Nightmare and Suppressed Memories Expansion do i need MOM1?

What should i get to have the full MOM2 experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you pick up Recurring Nightmare and Suppressed Memories you will not need anything else that was available from first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
atraangelis wrote:
SO if i have MOM2 and I buy the Reoccuring Nightmare and Suppressed Memories Expansion do i need MOM1?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The compatibly kit was a nice gesture to existing owners of the first edition, but these are discontinued products and are not required for a full second edition experience. For new players, just go straight to the new expansions.
First ed owners can skip these two expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man my wifes going to tbe pissed when she looks at my statment...How do i explain this to her
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Scharr
msg tools
If you have both figure+tile sets, you don't need anything from 1st edition to bolster your 2nd edition experience, as indicated.

If you are the DIY type, you can print all the tiles from Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares on a color printer. The tile images are located in the Mansions app and you just need a Unity Assets Extractor program to get to them.

I did this myself for Suppressed Memories and was able to play through the Cult on Sentinel Hill scenario just fine using home-printed tiles and the included Conversion Kit monster tokens. You can also proxy the investigators if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
atraangelis wrote:
Oh man my wifes going to tbe pissed when she looks at my statment...How do i explain this to her

With a massage voucher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:

As the age old statement goes (not sure how old it is), its easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
err404 wrote:
The compatibly kit was a nice gesture to existing owners of the first edition, but these are discontinued products and are not required for a full second edition experience. For new players, just go straight to the new expansions.

Actually, you need the kit for the two expansions. So they are required for the full experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
err404 wrote:

Actually, you need the kit for the two expansions. So they are required for the full experience.

Really how so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the expansion boxes just give you the figures and tiles you need. You'll still need the monster tokens and Investigator cards from the kits and so on. There's no reason for them to provide duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO the Conversion kit comes inside MOM2nd Box? I have been going crazy trying to find it to buy like Descent!.. WHEW!..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The conversion kit is included free in the Mansions of Madness: 2nd ed. box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
atraangelis wrote:
SO the Conversion kit comes inside MOM2nd Box? I have been going crazy trying to find it to buy like Descent!.. WHEW!..

Yep, the conversion kit is just a baggy with monster tiles and investigator cards for all 1st ed miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
What should i get to have the full MOM2 experience.

The base MOM2 game. That's it.

If you play it and love it so much that spending $85 to add some minor variety to the game is worth it to you, then pick up the two "bits for MOM2 players that do not have MOM1" expansions. IMO they are not worth the expense and not something you should assume you need to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorg UR
msg tools
mb
If I understand correctly, the Recurring Nightmares box contains the tiles and figures from the core set of the 1st edition, while the Suppressed Memories box contains those from the Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild expansions.
So, if you only have the base game of the 1st edition (without the expansions mentioned above) and combine it with the conversion kit, then you will only have the Recurring Nightmares part, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorg UR
msg tools
mb
cbrua wrote:
Correct.

Then it isn't really worth to buy the 1st edition now, since the price is more or less the same as if you would buy the 2 sets for the 2nd edition, while content-wise it's basically just the half of those.
Just asking because I was thinking about getting a used copy of the 1st edition instead of buying the 2 sets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not interested in playing first edition as a game and only want it to expand second edition, correct, you are better off buying the second edition expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.