BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: This isn't funny. So why can't I stop laughing . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patient burned by mid-surgery explosion when laser ignites fart

Quote:
A patient passing gas during surgery ended up being burned after the laser ignited the fart, resulting in a fiery explosion, a report released Friday by the Tokyo Medical University Hospital said.

While doctors operated on the woman's cervix, she apparently farted — the laser igniting the emission. As a result, her lower body in particular was badly affected, according to the Asahi Shimbun.

"When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser," the report states, "and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire."

A committee of experts charged with investigating the incident ruled that there were no other flammable materials present at the time of surgery and the equipment that was used did not malfunction, leading them to believe the woman's flatulence was the culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why you never have laser surgery during Burreato. That's Burreato 101, come on lady! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
It reminds me of that classic song by The Doors: "(Come on Baby) Light my Fart."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
whistle The 'Jose Feliciano'-version MUST have been something after he had all manner of 'bean'-dishes, since he's stating SUCH "fast & furiously" at the 'tailpipe-end' for the "song". gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an episode of 1000 Ways to Die in which a plastic surgeon died when a patient farted. The laser cutter ignited the gas and unfortunately the surgeon happened to inhale at that exact moment and the ensuing fireball went right into his lungs. Very odd way to go out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which no doubt explains why Jedi's never fart, special Jedi arse powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorrellbo wrote:
I saw an episode of 1000 Ways to Die in which a plastic surgeon died when a patient farted. The laser cutter ignited the gas and unfortunately the surgeon happened to inhale at that exact moment and the ensuing fireball went right into his lungs. Very odd way to go out.

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.