9 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule questions Trogs 2/3 player game, Battle, Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Schmidt
msg tools
Hi,

we habe played the game and i like it. But the rules are not so clear as i like to have it. So here my questions:

1.)
When you battle against trogs in a 2 or 3 player game and you control the region and the trrogs have to retreat.
First question: when they can only retreat in a region where a throg party token lies, will it replaced or will there be added a trog nest token?
Second question: is a possible that the trogs can retreat in a region controlled by another player, but without any units in it. So that they can switch the region in a uncontrolled region and put there a trog nest in it?

2.) Enabling Scoring: Are the HQs are also added as regions to the controlled regions?

3.) Battle: Who by the elemination of units chooses which unit is killed from the other player? The own player chooses from his own units or the other players chooses which units are eliminated from the other player?

4.) Battle: Can the player in a 2 or 3 player game, who control the trogs, can play tactical cards from his hand. And when yes get he back these cards on the hand again after the battle or how it works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Add the nest. Doesn't replace.
1a. I believe the rules state adjacent unoccupied. So, as long as Units aren't there.

2.Yes. This is why you place a control Token in setup.

3. The only time this matters is Shifted Prioriies. But in either case, the attacker chooses who they Kill.

4. Yes. They are discarded to your discard pile like any cards played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
3. The only time this matters is Shifted Priorities. But in either case, the attacker chooses who they Kill.

Follow up question, who get to chose to kill unit first? So basically, in what order is it resolved?

Could the Attacking player kill units from the defender side Attrition Objective and as a result prevent the Defending Player of killing the attacker units or at least reduce the number of units the Defending player could kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, the kills happen at the "same time"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greasedonkey wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
3. The only time this matters is Shifted Priorities. But in either case, the attacker chooses who they Kill.

Follow up question, who get to chose to kill unit first? So basically, in what order is it resolved?

Could the Attacking player kill units from the defender side Attrition Objective and as a result prevent the Defending Player of killing the attacker units or at least reduce the number of units the Defending player could kill.

In the case of Shifted Priorities, Attacker DECLARES first. Then defender. Resolved simultaneously.

Usually doesn't matter, but sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dar dar
msg tools
Hello,
What happen if troggs unit must retreat and the only territory avaible already has a nest token? should i add another one? and so on ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marsss wrote:
Hello,
What happen if troggs unit must retreat and the only territory avaible already has a nest token? should i add another one? and so on ?

There is no limit to the number of War Party/nest tokens in a Region.

The rules only state that Trogs (in 2-3 players) must retreat to an adjacent unoccupied Region. If no limits are specified, none must be adhered to.

In 4 player games, Trogs follow the same retreat rules as all other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
marsss wrote:
Hello,

The rules only state that Trogs (in 2-3 players) must retreat to an adjacent unoccupied Region. If no limits are specified, none must be adhered to.

Sorry Grant, I'm sure you've answered this somewhere else; I received my copy yesterday and I'm just soloing a two player game so I'm ready to teach it to my game group.

Two player game.
Humans move into region with Trog nest.
This causes battle. Battle is resolved.
Trogs win the region control objective.
Humans retreat to a region they control.
The Trog units are then placed on the region they won, AND a Trog Nest token is placed?

(Rules Page 11: "F. Retreat with Units ... Trog Exception In a 2-3 player game, if the Trogs win the Region Control Objective, do not place a control token instead place a Trog Nest Token face down)

Basically checking that in 2-3 player game if the trogs win the control objective, their units AND a nest token is placed back in that region.

Thanks - loving the game so far, can't wait to play properly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
marsss wrote:
Hello,

Sorry Grant, I'm sure you've answered this somewhere else; I received my copy yesterday and I'm just soloing a two player game so I'm ready to teach it to my game group.

Two player game.
Humans move into region with Trog nest.
This causes battle. Battle is resolved.
Trogs win the region control objective.
Humans retreat to a region they control.
The Trog units are then placed on the region they won, AND a Trog Nest token is placed?

(Rules Page 11: "F. Retreat with Units ... Trog Exception In a 2-3 player game, if the Trogs win the Region Control Objective, do not place a control token instead place a Trog Nest Token face down)

Basically checking that in 2-3 player game if the trogs win the control objective, their units AND a nest token is placed back in that region.

Thanks - loving the game so far, can't wait to play properly

Remove all Trog Units after battles in 2-3 player games. Only Nest tokens are placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.