$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 128.41

7,594 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Torn Box and Missing Miniature rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Finch
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just received my "The Works" edition and the box is completely torn down one edge and a second corner is slightly torn. I also didn't receive two Donatello miniatures. I am missing the Donatello miniature where he is holding his bow staff in front of him (the Eastman variant). Instead I received three Michelangelo miniatures (two of the Eastman variant). Just posting here so others will look at their games closely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shit show. I dread opening one when it gets here later in the week.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finch
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You would think for the price we paid for "The Works" edition there wouldn't be any problems. I was really upset with the condition of my box, and then the missing miniature on top of it, come on!!! I hope IDW's customer service comes through for me. Already sent off an email!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box was fine with everything in it. Not sure how we can start calling it a "shit show" when we've had...2 damaged boxes and 2 people with missing minis?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
InkSplat wrote:
My box was fine with everything in it. Not sure how we can start calling it a "shit show" when we've had...2 damaged boxes and 2 people with missing minis?

Well, there have been more than 2 damaged boxes, but you are correct that "shit show" is is an unfair exaggeration.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Email games@idwpublishing.com and they'll get right on sending you replacements.

Quote:
Well, there have been more than 2 damaged boxes, but you are correct that "shit show" is is an unfair exaggeration.


The behaviour of the people backing this KS is atrocious. It's just endless moaning. "No rulebook", "B&R", "delays?!", "mini quality", "picture quality", "scaling!!!". It's somehow worse than the average CMON KS.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brown
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Mine is damaged too, split right down the side on both the top and bottom box. I have not inspected the contents yet to make sure everything is accounted for.

Are they sending out replacement boxes or what is the official solution from them?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
TruePunisher wrote:
Mine is damaged too, split right down the side on both the top and bottom box. I have not inspected the contents yet to make sure everything is accounted for.

Are they sending out replacement boxes or what is the official solution from them?


I'm 99% sure they're replacing them (I'm UK, so I don't know for certain), pop an email to the support desk (games@idwpublishing.com) and they should get right on it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some problems with my shipment, but give them a chance to fix it, sheesh... If they don't replace parts that were damaged on arrival, then yes, certainly, complain about it and warn others away from it, but give them a chance to fix the problem before you start acting like they cheated you.

The amount of negativity in this campaign has been staggeringly overwhelming- I can appreciate a healthy skepticism of their claims, but the absolute hatred this game has received- even before release- was asinine. Go to the Ghostbusters board if you want to find a game to complain about.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb

I received my works edition today, undamaged. I could not be more pleased! IDW has handled this Kickstarter very well compared so many others (Prodos Games, anyone?). I have one Foot soldier with two left arms though wow. I'll contact them and see about a replacement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:

I received my works edition today, undamaged. I could not be more pleased! IDW has handled this Kickstarter very well compared so many others (Prodos Games, anyone?). I have one Foot soldier with two left arms though wow. I'll contact them and see about a replacement.


I don't know. That sounds like an awesome mini. Want to swap?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
dougisitosan wrote:

[b] I have one Foot soldier with two left arms though wow.


Maybe he is a Hand soldier.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
got my copy today and everything was perfect (phew). so sorry to those who had problems with their stuff.

As far as the original post goes, that really stinks. Hopefully, IDW will rectify that quickly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finch
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the replies and the help. It is good to know I wasn't the only one who had problems. I emailed support@idwpublishing.com, but I just sent an email to the "games" email address as well. I am really looking forward to getting this game on the table soon! Totally worth the money, just wish it wasn't damaged and missing a mini.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box was damaged and u can see the post I posted showing pictures .. this is the response I got from idw today

Hello Noah,

Sorry to hear about the box damage! We are working with the printer on a solution to get replacements. We have recorded your address and request and will let you know when we can resolve the issue.

Thanks,

IDW Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
My box was damaged and u can see the post I posted showing pictures .. this is the response I got from idw today

Hello Noah,

Sorry to hear about the box damage! We are working with the printer on a solution to get replacements. We have recorded your address and request and will let you know when we can resolve the issue.

Thanks,

IDW Games


Thanks for posting this. Nice that they replied quickly...sucks you dont know when youll get a good box, but at least its just the box! Seems like replacement minis were getting sent already, though, so they must have more of those on hand than the boxes themselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
My copy had two IDW variant Raphaels and no IDW variant Michelangelo. I contacted them at the above games email address and they setup a replacement with no questions asked. I had no other problems with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
Delthos wrote:
My copy had two IDW variant Raphaels and no IDW variant Michelangelo. I contacted them at the above games email address and they setup a replacement with no questions asked. I had no other problems with it.


Yeah, they responded fairly quickly for my request for my missing Splinter mini.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithborg wrote:
Delthos wrote:
My copy had two IDW variant Raphaels and no IDW variant Michelangelo. I contacted them at the above games email address and they setup a replacement with no questions asked. I had no other problems with it.


Yeah, they responded fairly quickly for my request for my missing Splinter mini.


I have this horrible mental image of a loose mini tossed into a bubble mailer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finch
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UPDATE: Heard from IDW today. Sending me the missing mini and will follow-up with me later when they have a solution with the printer to replace my ripped box. I am very impressed with the timely response. Big props to Chance at IDW who is probably handling a lot of these requests.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
dougisitosan wrote:

I received my works edition today, undamaged. I could not be more pleased! IDW has handled this Kickstarter very well compared so many others (Prodos Games, anyone?). I have one Foot soldier with two left arms though wow. I'll contact them and see about a replacement.


Looks like I may be missing a bit more after looking at this: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1666002/works-unofficia...

In addition to the foot soldier with the 2 right arms, I am missing:

Ally Cards
- April
- Casey
- Splinter
- Woody
- Angel

Hero Cards
- 7 Leonardo cards (all unique)
- 6 Donatello cards (all unique)
- 5 Raphael cards (all unique)
- 6 Michelangelo cards (all unique)

Terrain Cards
- 10 unique terrain cards

Villain Cards
- 4 red Shredder cards (all different)
- 4 red Karai cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 red Alopex cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 red Hob cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 red Foot Clan Bruiser cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 red Foot Clan Elite cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 1 red Foot Clan Ninja cards (1 unique missing)

Instead, I have duplicates of:
Villain Cards
- 4 green Shredder cards (all different)
- 4 green Foot Clan Ninja cards (2 each of 2 cards)
- 4 green Thug Gunner cards (human Bebop - 2 each of 2 cards)
- 4 green Thug Brawler cards (human Rocksteady - 2 each of 2 cards)
- 4 blue Shredder cards (all different)
- 4 blue Karai cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Alopex cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Hob cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Foot Clan Bruiser cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Foot Clan Elite cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Foot Clan Ninja cards (2 of 1 and 2 others)
- 4 blue Thug Gunner cards (2 each of 2 cards)
- 4 blue Thug Brawler cards (2 each of 2 cards)
- 3 red Foot Clan Ninja cards (2 of 1 and 1 other)
- 4 red Thug Gunner cards (2 each of 2 cards)
- 4 red Thug Brawler cards (2 each of 2 cards)
- 1 Regroup card

Looks Like they gave me 2 of the same decks of cards. guess I will be emailing games@idwpublishing.com and see what they can do for me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Their customer service has been friendly and fast to reply. Sending me replacement parts as I type this.

FYI: Send them pictures up front of what is wrong to expedite the process (they want/need to document the issues).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:
Their customer service has been friendly and fast to reply. Sending me replacement parts as I type this.

FYI: Send them pictures up front of what is wrong to expedite the process (they want/need to document the issues).


They havent been "fast" replying to me AT ALL. Cant even get a response...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
dougisitosan wrote:
Their customer service has been friendly and fast to reply. Sending me replacement parts as I type this.

FYI: Send them pictures up front of what is wrong to expedite the process (they want/need to document the issues).


They havent been "fast" replying to me AT ALL. Cant even get a response...


Their latest update said that they are backlogged and it might take a week for them to respond.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
dougisitosan wrote:
Their customer service has been friendly and fast to reply. Sending me replacement parts as I type this.

FYI: Send them pictures up front of what is wrong to expedite the process (they want/need to document the issues).


They havent been "fast" replying to me AT ALL. Cant even get a response...


Their latest update said that they are backlogged and it might take a week for them to respond.


While the guy who is seemingly in charge takes a "much needed" vacation for a weeek. LMAO. Thats ridiculous. This shit should be straightened out and dude was probably on a beach for a week sipping pina coladas. I want my damn game that I paid for. Shipping tons of people more games than they ordered...ridiculous.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.