Support:

Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
No obvious change in the building basic type is coming to my mind for now, except of course for the cultural and era differences to account for in each . What do you think? Am I just ignorant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just based off of the game Shogun Total War and what limited knowledge I have of Japanese culture, I'm guessing we'll see some locations like:

• Tea House
• Dojo
• Geisha House
• Swordsmith
• Temple
• Izakaya
• Kabuki Theatre
• Castle

There will probably be some overlap with base SoB town locations, but I should hope they would add different material to these ones. I think some locations won't be direct ports of the basic locations and might fulfill different roles than what we're used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blacksmith and Merchant wouldn't be out of place either.

Edit: Bath house maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You realize of course Sid, people are going to hit you up hard to Hexcrawl this as soon as possible. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suspect the buildings will largely fill the same roles as ogsob (Smith, church etc), but the will obviously be thematically different. I also expect different kinds of items and tokens to be available to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
You realize of course Sid, people are going to hit you up hard to Hexcrawl this as soon as possible. ninja

I can't imagine playing SoB without Hexcrawl, and that is what is putting me off of KSing this right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was actually just watching an interview with the creator for Gloomhaven from Man vs Meeple. That game apparently uses a map with stickers to create a more or less different "personalized" map each time, though I'm not sure how that mechanic actually works. That could be an interesting take on the mapping process, but I'll see when I get my hands on it in January/February. I think Philbarfly or someone else may have already been working on an idea similar to that (I remember reading something similar to that). Though there may already be a map included with the ForFor expansion anyways, I'll wait til I see more about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sid, have you ever worked with Vassal? (not Tom). A Vassal Hexcrawl module would be awesome. Maybe some one could volunteer to do it besides you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
Sid, have you ever worked with Vassal? (not Tom). A Vassal Hexcrawl module would be awesome. Maybe some one could volunteer to do it besides you.

I've tried at multiple times to wrap my head around Vassal thinking it'll be a piece of cake because I can *usually figure out what I need to do in code for limited uses and reverse-engineer what I need. And each time my brain starts to hurt and I walk away from it, wondering why I didn't remember why I gave it up the last time. I like the idea, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to get Vassal. I thought I was, but I've been defeated thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP answered some questions in the KS comments today, and one of the answers stated that Swordsmith would be one of the feudal village locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(re: Expanded Town Experience) That is something that we would love to do (at least long term), but how soon depends on if we reach it.

(re: POGS for use with Frontier Town) The Feudal Village is its own thing.
With the Feudal Village that comes in the Core Set, there won't be 'Missions' to play in town (no full size Town Board to play on)

(re: locations) There will be a Swordsmith in the Feudal Village

(e: Like the Core Set?) Most similar to the other Core Set Town Experience, but with a lot of new flavour and options

from Jascon on KS Comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.