Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Demigods: You may use Dice in Demigod's color as if it was a color of your choice

Creatures: When moving your ship with a die of the creatures' color...

Suppose I have the yellow Demigod and the red Creature. Can I use a yellow die as a red die and use it for the red Creature's effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question. It also surfaced for our games as well and I already considered asking here for clarification as well. Based on the German rules (which we can assume to be the original ones without potential translation errors), I would say no.

There is a clear distinction in wording between recoloring for favor tiles (which actually change the color) and using a die as if it were a different color (which does not change the color, so the conditions for the creature does not apply).

For your example: If you use favor tiles to turn the yellow die red (two in this case), you may travel up to 6 hexes to a red ocean tile. But if you use it directly via the demigod, you may travel to a red (or any other color) ocean, but only up to 3 hexes away.

BTW: There is another Stefan Feld game with dice where it is important that "use as if it were value X" does not mean "turn to value X". In Bora Bora, you can play god cards to play a 1 with using it at the power level of a 6. This is an especially mean move (which I really like to play devil, especially for the temple), because in this game, you may play multiple dice to the same action field, but they must always be lower (and hence less powerful) than the lowest die placed before. So playing a one effectively blocks all other players from using the space, and with the appriopriate god card, it does not hurt yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:
Demigods: You may use Dice in Demigod's color as if it was a color of your choice

Creatures: When moving your ship with a die of the creatures' color...

Suppose I have the yellow Demigod and the red Creature. Can I use a yellow die as a red die and use it for the red Creature's effect?
Of course you can, why not? The yellow Demigod can use a yellow die as a die of any color - let's say a red one. And with a red die you can use a red Creature's effect. It really is that simple ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.