Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a couple of questions about the game.

1) Large ships in 4-5 players are placed near the board and can be bought for 10 dracmas, but when exactly can you buy them?

2) We had some doubts about the production action. Let's say we have a situation like this in a 3 players game:

Player 1
grain farmland, olive farmland

Player 2
2 grain farmland

Player 3
grain farmland, olive farmland

All farmland tiles are empty. Player 1 does a production action and choose grain 4, olive 1.

At the end of action the distribution should be 2 grains and 1 olive for Player 1, 1 grain for Player 2, and 1 grain for Player 3, right? You choose one type of goods and distribute it starting with yourself, and then you choose the other type and start with yourself again, is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) We played that you could buy it any time.. but yeah, would like an official answer for this.

2) I think it depends what the players pick. It goes around in turn order, so in this case if P1 doesn't pick the olive he might lose it to P3. If he does pick the olive, P2 gets 2 grain, P1 and P3 get 1 each.

That is how we played anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Boots
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Chris

1) The large boat can be bought at the Town Hall. So it is one of the two tiles you can buy that turn.

2) Distribution of the goods starts with the player who takes the action and he places on each corresponding tile one block, as long as there are blocks and there has to be space on the farmlands.
So in your example player 1 will get one grain on his one grain farmland. Player 2 will get a total of two grain, one on both his grain farmlands. Player 3 will get the last grain.
In your example player 1 is very kind for helping player 2 more than he helps himself.

The acting player chooses to distribute the grain first or the olives first. That actually doesn’t matter. In both cases the player starts distributing at his own farm. So the answer to your last question is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Boots
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Kareem

In response to your second point; I think that is an interesting interpretation of the rules. During testing we have never considered that players would refuse a production block. It could be a nice house rule. Hopefully it works fine for your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pieter!

1) I thought this was the case, but interestingly, Kareem is the second person to give me that answer. It should be in the rulebook under the Town hall action rule, in my opinion (or at least FAQed).

2) Now it's clear thank you. I find the wording of this rule very vague. The thing about getting 2 goods if you have 2 farmlands is actually explained well in the FAQ, but for some reason, I misread it to mean the contrary before asking the question... (now that I reread it, it was totally my fault)

I will be demoing the game at a local event with my gaming club alongside other new titles presented at Essen, those were the only things I wasn't sure of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.