Hide
23 Posts

Lisboa» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter or Giochistarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Never heard of "giochistarter".... is this game coming to Kickstarter.. what exactly is "giochistarter"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vital told us in his words that it is coming to Kickstarter November 15th.

I think that Giochistarter is nothing but a Italian board game preorder service. I am not sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an Italian platform, that does what kick-started does but only for games.
The money funded via giochistarter is added to the kick-started campaign.
I've used it for Vinhos and Princes of the Renaissance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does this mean paying in Giochistarter will get you an Italian version? if not, will it then be more friendly to European shipping? "friendly" as in cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Colombo
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:
Does this mean paying in Giochistarter will get you an Italian version? if not, will it then be more friendly to European shipping? "friendly" as in cheaper.

Both of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The same will most probably happen for the "German" version at the Spieleschmiede site. I backed both The Gallerist and Vinhos there. As a service they produce German rules and player aids and ship without shipping costs in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with Giochistarter or Spieleschmiede you get English KS version with localised rules as free addons? In this case I could just use one of these platforms and then discard the addons. Might save me on shipping and currency coversion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:

If things are the same like the Vinhos kickstarter you can order it from Spieleschmiede (DE), Philibertnet (FR) or Giochistarter (IT). If you don't care about the translated rulebook (english one is always included [at least that was with Vinhos the case]), cheapest shipping to Finland is from Philibertnet (10€ or for free if you order over 150€).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But is there a guarantee or an news saying the Philibert is going to take pre-orders for it? I know they did Vinhos. In that case, EGG usually makes a version without stretch goals, and one with... so which one would it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorfl2 wrote:
eighty6er wrote:

If things are the same like the Vinhos kickstarter you can order it from Spieleschmiede (DE), Philibertnet (FR) or Giochistarter (IT). If you don't care about the translated rulebook (english one is always included [at least that was with Vinhos the case]), cheapest shipping to Finland is from Philibertnet (10€ or for free if you order over 150€).

Beat me to it.

M B

EDIT: when I pre-ordered Gallerist at a great price, I might add, I did so because Lacerda stated Philibert etc would also be the KS version.

I would expect this statement again on the KS page for Lisboa.

There was no non-KS version of Gallerist on Philibert when the pre-order went up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:
But is there a guarantee or an news saying the Philibert is going to take pre-orders for it? I know they did Vinhos. In that case, EGG usually makes a version without stretch goals, and one with... so which one would it be?

Your guarantee will be to look at the More Details section below the title and box photo on Philibert if it is announced. Gallerist, if I recall, stated it included the KS stuff but certainly the KS page would explain regarding their Partner pre-order sites in Europe.

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a side note: I picked up my Giochistarter copy of Vinhos yesterday, it's the KS version with english rules PLUS the Italian rule booklet and player aids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lepori
Italy
flag msg tools
I'll definitely go for the Giochistarter Edition, as I bid both Princes of the Reinassance and Vinhos.

The only concern at the moment is related to the MSRP: 99 euro! surprise

I do hope KS pledges will be available at a pledge way below that amount!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any clarity if there will be pledge levels that will include either Vinhos Deluxe Edition or The Gallerist? I know it has been asked for on this forum, but there has been no confirmation or denial to my understanding.

I'm going to back this regardless, but I would up my pledge if there was a way to also get The Gallerist as a package deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giochistarter has funded those project as well, so I think you can complete your order with those products as well. For the Vinhos campaign you could add the Gallerist. I don't remember the prices though.

Here the page of the Vinhos proejct:
https://www.giochistarter.it/scheda.php?item=1000066
you can see that there was a possible Add-on of The Gallerist for 78.71 € (don't ask me why that strange figures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But of course for a US buyer the only way is kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FiNeX
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Giochistarter website you can already find the Lisboa campaign preview since yesterday:

https://www.giochistarter.it/scheda.php?item=1000182&crowd=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finex wrote:
On Giochistarter website you can already find the Lisboa campaign preview since yesterday:

So 90€ with all the stretch goals.. why was The Gallerist so affordable with 55€ last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eighty6er wrote:

With Vinhos, Philibert let you preorder/kickstart the version with all the stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
finex wrote:

So 90€ with all the stretch goals.. why was The Gallerist so affordable with 55€ last year

Well, the Lacerda/O'Toole/EEG combo is a known quantity now. We know we're getting a game with quality components from a quality designer and a quality artist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueSwan wrote:
rePhil wrote:
finex wrote:

Well, the Lacerda/O'Toole/EEG combo is a known quantity now. We know we're getting a game with quality components from a quality designer and a quality artist.

yeah sure, but the quality of The Gallerist was outstanding already last year. I was surprised when I saw the Vinhos Deluxe price, but know it seems it's their "common" price tag. I know it will be a phenomenal game, I really like the artwork and the quality of the game components will be great again. Also, the stretch goals add a nice thematic feel and some extras to the game. I'll have to wait some days and observe the campaign..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arunas Rudis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know,

If you use paypal, Giochistarter let you pay in 6 instalments. I backed because it helped to overcame worries about unusual prise tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too feel this EGG thing is getting too expensive.
Ive just backed Lisboa, but will refrain from the next games. I'd rather buy them on the second-hand market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.