Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Human Bebop and Rocksteady rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rubin Parry
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Was wondering if the Human Forms of Bebop and Rocksteady are used as Thug Brawlers in the game play? Didn't see any info on them. I have been using them as the Brawlers so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe you just use them as alt. sculps for Thug Brawlers. Hopefully someone will make a variant rules and card to use them as special cards or something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
az933k wrote:
Yes, I believe you just use them as alt. sculps for Thug Brawlers. Hopefully someone will make a variant rules and card to use them as special cards or something

I wanna say I saw in the FB Group that Kevin said it was 1 Brawler and 1 Gunner....I could be mistaken though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Brawler and 1 Gunner lines up with the cards that have them in the art. In the end, it doesn't really matter, since they are just alt sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoon18 wrote:
Was wondering if the Human Forms of Bebop and Rocksteady are used as Thug Brawlers in the game play? Didn't see any info on them. I have been using them as the Brawlers so far.

Kickstarter Update #27 wrote:
That’s right! More Bebop and Rocksteady for your buck, and this villain bundle comes with TWO EXCLUSIVE MINIATURE SCULPTS and EIGHT NEW VILLAIN CARDS to help this gruesome twosome smash their way across the board.

Overall I am very pleased with the game that we have received and I do not feel that my value was slighted. However, this (and possibly a few other things that I haven't bolted down yet) are outright missing from the game that was promised to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Rraahk wrote:
[q="Spoon18"]Was wondering if the Human Forms of Bebop and Rocksteady are used as Thug Brawlers in the game play? Didn't see any info on them. I have been using them as the Brawlers so far.

Kickstarter Update #27]That’s right! More Bebop and Rocksteady for your buck, and this villain bundle comes with TWO EXCLUSIVE MINIATURE SCULPTS and EIGHT NEW VILLAIN CARDS to help this gruesome twosome smash their way across the board. [/q wrote:

Overall I am very pleased with the game that we have received and I do not feel that my value was slighted. However, this (and possibly a few other things that I haven't bolted down yet) are outright missing from the game that was promised to us.

The white envelope being a "portfolio" is a little off-putting, as well.

I certainly hope that when my copy shows up that the box isnt dented/torn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Rraahk wrote:
Quote:
That’s right! More Bebop and Rocksteady for your buck, and this villain bundle comes with TWO EXCLUSIVE MINIATURE SCULPTS and EIGHT NEW VILLAIN CARDS to help this gruesome twosome smash their way across the board.

There are two human R&B sculpts and eight villain cards with their pics on them. I'm sure you could use them to activate those sculpts specifically if you want, but they made them generic enough that it isn't required. Maybe it isn't how you understood it to work, but they certainly didn't lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:

There are two human R&B sculpts and eight villain cards with their pics on them. I'm sure you could use them to activate those sculpts specifically if you want, but they made them generic enough that it isn't required. Maybe it isn't how you understood it to work, but they certainly didn't lie.

Are those eight cards extra or do they replace the normal thugs cards? If they are replacement (as I understand from some comments), do non-works versions of the game have different cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
YosT wrote:
Are those eight cards extra or do they replace the normal thugs cards? If they are replacement (as I understand from some comments), do non-works versions of the game have different cards?

I do not know. "New" can mean extra or it can mean different. We certainly got 8 villain cards which IDW was not planning to produce in their current state, so at least in that sense they were new. I think this was more a matter of miscommunication than deception (well, all marketing is a form of deception, but I don't think there was any malicious intent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my game yesterday... I see what you guys are talking about now. There are 8 additional cards that are normal thugs but with alternate art. I guess the icons are a little different also. So the intention is to use the human forms as alternate sculpts for the normal thugs. That's ok....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
So what about no villain cards for Bb&Rs? I did not catch this till now. Speaking of the mutant sculpts. Not the human sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.