Subject: Effect of flipping Morale to Union Political Setback side? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game a lot over the years (and still have a blast with it!) but for the first time ever last night my roll for Lincoln's Reelection equaled Morale. This tells me to flip the Morale to its Union Political Setback side and gain a one Morale.

For the life of me I can't work out the relevance of flipping the Morale chit. In fairness, I haven't gone through all the cards to see if there is anything that relates this so apologies if I have missed something. There are certainly no references to Union Political Setbacks in the rules relating Morale that I've seen.

Does anyone know the relevance of flipping the Morale chit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm....I've just noticed that you also flip it if Lincoln loses the election, and I've definitely had games with that result in the past.

Which means that either: (a) I'm getting old and forgotten; or (b) I was so pleased with winning that I failed to pay attention to flipping the marker!

Either way, I'd appreciate some illumination!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
Hi,

I believe there might be something on that in the Combined Rules set (14.2 ?). I think only benifit for a tie roll is the extra MP which might be enough to help you hang on for the few remaining cards. The extra MP can effect Victory conditions also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.