Mafia de Cuba» Forums » General

Subject: Solving the "passing the box around" problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aristides Chrapalos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing much. Just a bit of thinking out of the box.

I had to come up with an alternative solution for the role selection phase.

First of all the choosing player should not be visible by other players while making his move. I found unconvinient and stressful trying hard to look away waiting for everybody to choose (extremely antisocial) or making theatrical moves with both hands in the box when choosing.

Also the box should not be moved around because of the sound of components inside can give away clues. At first I thought of putting cloth on the inside of the expansion box and keep all of the diamonds inside, like a classy jewlery case and maybe glue it in the lower left corner of the main box. But then there still would be problems with the chips.

So the only possible sollution is to place the box somewhere near the main table (on the library, on the kitchen table or even in another room) and make each player stand up and walk to the box in order to make his choice. With his back turned to the playing group he can feel free to choose as he pleases and the other players can sozialize without pretending they are blind and deaf.

Moreover I find it more thematic for the thief to go alone to a hidden box than stealing while everybody is around.

I enjoyed the game more with this alternation and I found the "standing up" a minor inconvenience. Have fun everyone or come up with sth better and have even more fun!

P.S. I'm no hypochondriac but I hate it when people reach deep inside their pockets in order to retrieve diamonds. I don't want to touch those diamonds anymore. Let alone the long forgoten pieces of paper that come with it. I would prefer little wallets, where you can hide your loot or character. Until then I keep everything in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.