Subject: 'guards ending movement on walkway space' and POW arrests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the security officer move a guard onto a POW (whose escape office has an equipment card if inner) that is standing on a walkway space and arrest them, returning the pawn to solitary confinement and the guard to the commander's office?

I am trying to make sure I understand the rule correctly. The blue spaces are safe areas (given) and the walkways cannot have a guard end movement in them, BUT guards essentially 'end their movement' with an arrest because they get sent immediately after they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes ... u just can't linger on a walkway spot.

Arresting moves u away from that spot, so u don't
end ur movement there ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henderson
United Kingdom
Newport
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But moving a guard after an arrest is done "directly", and does not cost any movement points. The rules make a distinction between movement by the dice and "direct" movement. It could maybe be argued that the guard's proper movement as a result of the dice throw, has actually ended on the walkway spot, and therefore is illegal - and the arrest is not allowed. Just being naughty and putting the cat among the pigeons here - I think we do need an official ruling to make this particular situation crystal clear. It directly affects the problem of prisoners being able to be re-arrested as they leave the inner solitary for instance.
I personally play as per Walts' definition and like him would allow the arrest, but I don't think the rules make definitive reading on this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
lengthtoavoid wrote:
Can the security officer move a guard onto a POW (whose escape office has an equipment card if inner) that is standing on a walkway space and arrest them, returning the pawn to solitary confinement and the guard to the commander's office?

Yes. Guards may not remain on a walkway space at the end of the turn - if for any reason they are not there at the end of the Security Guard player's turn, it is legal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.