Popular Tags: [View All]
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this topic hasn't already been covered several pages ago, but it's difficult to rifle through a lot of submissions to find out whether this is the case or not, so please forgive me if it has been. Also, it doesn't seem to be covered by any of the pinned threads in this forum but, again, it may be; apologies if it has.

So my query is this: I'm working on a new card game, and want to create an item page which I can refer people to. I have a p&p file which folks can download in order to playtest the game, but the prototype doesn't yet exist in physical form, only pdf. Is this a problem? Do I have to wait until the cards are actually produced for the game to have a page on here, or is downloadable pdf ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still playtesting, it's a little early to make an entry

Quote:
...a game is ready to be added to the BGG database after the game has undergone play-testing and is available in its final form. If details about the game are still being resolved and the rules are still being changed over the course of the play-testing, the game is not sufficiently finalized for a BGG entry.

BGG Guide to Game Submissions

You can make a thread in the Game Design forums:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
How To: Add a Game to the Database (with Screen Shots)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
You can make a thread in the Game Design forums:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-g...

Thanks, yes, I'm just about to do that. The reason I asked about prototypes is that it's possible on RPGG to add RPG items which are in beta form. But it makes sense to not so likewise with board and card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Still very confused. Just now a game designer friend posted on FB about submitting her new game on here. Thing is, like mine it's still in prototype form. I asked her how this was possible and she replied 'My understanding is that if it's 100% definitely going to be published, it should be in the database.

I think everything on KS should have a BGG database entry (and most things do)'.

EDIT: Aaah, maybe it's being Kickstarted. Will check with my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:
Still very confused. Just now a game designer friend posted on FB about submitting her new game on here. Thing is, like mine it's still in prototype form. I asked her how this was possible and she replied 'My understanding is that if it's 100% definitely going to be published, it should be in the database.

I think everything on KS should have a BGG database entry (and most things do)'.

EDIT: Aaah, maybe it's being Kickstarted. Will check with my friend.

BGG doesn't have perfect consistency. Frankly there are a number of games in the database which have nebulous provenance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.