Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is, apparently, still over 1000 followers away. I'm not on Twitter and have no interest in joining it. Aren't there a lot more people on Facebook than on Twitter? (I could also be totally wrong here.)

I just have mixed feelings about "Social Media" goals. I don't like feeling like I have to sign up for a service I don't want just to get additional game content. I'm hoping that if this one falls short of its goal that the designers will still consider giving players the Gem item and Quest card.

Edit: Stats on Facebook versus Twitter. http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/heres-how-many-people-are-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:
This one is, apparently, still over 1000 followers away. I'm not on Twitter and have no interest in joining it. Aren't there a lot more people on Facebook than on Twitter? (I could also be totally wrong here.)

I just have mixed feelings about "Social Media" goals. I don't like feeling like I have to sign up for a service I don't want just to get additional game content. I'm hoping that if this one falls short of its goal that the designers will still consider giving players the Gem item and Quest card.

I don't like them either. I just hope there's enough backers that already use those services that go for the extra click on both sites.

It always feels annoying to me, but it is unfortunately not that uncommon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one is forcing you to join social media.

It may not be the same thing, but this sounds similar when I've seen posts with people complaining about KS exclusives which force them to back a project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also never cared for Twitter but when we made a Kickstarter campaign (for a video game) a great number of backers came from following the Twitter hashtags. It's not yet for underestimating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just marketing. They want backers to go to social media to spread the word so that more people can be informed about either the KS or the company in general.

If you follow them on FB, this notifies your everyone in your feed and engagement means their posts get seen by more people.

Social Media Goals are common so they can get help in getting the word out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That may be, but I still don't know why this game hasn't been added to the BGG Kickstarter announcement thread. (or is it there now?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a twitter account that is only used for crap like this and contests. I don't use Twitter for anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
msg tools
mbmbmb
Reached with 8 days to go! No problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.