Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy in hand, but I should have it soon, so I read through the English Rules posted here in the Files section. It was extremely difficult to learn how to play due to the constant errors in grammar and spelling. Is that really the "Final English rule book of Unicornus Knights"? I'm hoping the printed copy of the rule book has been given at least a cursory editing since the PDF version.

I had a friend pick up a copy of Unicornus Knights for me at SPIEL, which I don't have yet, so I can't check my copy, but I'm really starting to regret getting this version instead of waiting for the AEG version (especially since it sounds like they're not changing the art).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Big in Japan coming in 2017! Tons of Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not make a comment on the original translation, but we are doing some edits to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent taste in micro-badges BTW. They stink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques
Germany
München
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the pdf file corresponds to the final printed version that was handed out with the game in Essen. It seems the rules were delivered very shortly before Essen to the translators (see another thread here).
Some points were quite confusing at a first read of the rules (combat) but got clarified while actually playing.
The card themselves are not totally free from unclarities, but common sense usually solves it. If you can get past the rulebook, you should have no problem with the cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of those involved, I can offer an apology and an explanation. The translation of the Unicornus Knights rulebook was, unfortunately, due to various reasons, a split-up rush job. I did most of the core roughs for the betas, and had decent time to look them through then, but for the final rules, they were re-written by someone who unfortunately produced a very poor English; kept some of the parts I'd done, and re-wrote others. I got a chance to proof them and adjusted them back into what I at the time felt was legible, however, this unfortunately took place in an extremely stressed week, so the proof job I was able to do was, I have to admit, sub-par. I also didn't have the time to re-check back to the Japanese original at that time.

I don't have the printed game rules by me now, but a quick read-through of the rules in the files section here show parts that are clearly my wordings, and parts that are definitely not mine. Shortly put, we were very pressed on time. We're really sorry about that, and we hope that you can learn the game even so.

(In the printed rules, the character bios weren't included; they never made it in time. I rushed them together and they are in the rules in the files sections here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for that and other reasons I'm kind of wishing I held out for a bit to get the AEG version instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely you can read the aeg rules online and use them for your edition

Todd: Have you decided if you want to keep the artwork or make new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Please keep the original artwork )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we are keeping all the original artwork. Doing some graphic design changes (adjusting some icons and such) but the art is still the same art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks. Any idea on when it will come out? (I promise not to complain if it is later ) Is it 2017?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mid 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
As one of those involved, I can offer an apology and an explanation. The translation of the Unicornus Knights rulebook was, unfortunately, due to various reasons, a split-up rush job. I did most of the core roughs for the betas, and had decent time to look them through then, but for the final rules, they were re-written by someone who unfortunately produced a very poor English; kept some of the parts I'd done, and re-wrote others. I got a chance to proof them and adjusted them back into what I at the time felt was legible, however, this unfortunately took place in an extremely stressed week, so the proof job I was able to do was, I have to admit, sub-par. I also didn't have the time to re-check back to the Japanese original at that time.

I don't have the printed game rules by me now, but a quick read-through of the rules in the files section here show parts that are clearly my wordings, and parts that are definitely not mine. Shortly put, we were very pressed on time. We're really sorry about that, and we hope that you can learn the game even so.

(In the printed rules, the character bios weren't included; they never made it in time. I rushed them together and they are in the rules in the files sections here.)
ok I'm glad It wasn't just me having difficulty with the rules, that said, would you be able to clarify a few things Simon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

ok I'm glad It wasn't just me having difficulty with the rules, that said, would you be able to clarify a few things Simon?

I probably can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.