$18.00
The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 119.81

7,228 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two Questions about the core game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Miller
msg tools
Hello All,

First time poster here. I recently started playing this game on TTS have 2 questions I am hoping someone can help me with. I am new to the BGG forum and do not know how to use the spoiler tag yet. That being said please be aware question 2 contains a small spoiler for scenario 2.

Question 1: During the enemy phase if a enemy moves to your location does he immediately engage with you and attack or does that happen on the following turn since he moved this time?

Question 2uring scenario 2 if you end up having to kill one of the cultist instead of satisfying the condition to place them in your victory display does that still count towards your "cultist interrogated" in the campaign log or would those that were killed through combat be cultist that got away?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dwm1073 wrote:
Question 1: During the enemy phase if a enemy moves to your location does he immediately engage with you and attack or does that happen on the following turn since he moved this time?


It immediately engages you and will attack.

Rules Reference, page 10: "Any time a ready unengaged enemy is at the same location as an investigator, it engages that investigator, and is placed in that investigator’s threat area."

Spoiler (click to reveal)
dwm1073 wrote:
Question 2uring scenario 2 if you end up having to kill one of the cultist instead of satisfying the condition to place them in your victory display does that still count towards your "cultist interrogated" in the campaign log or would those that were killed through combat be cultist that got away?

I believe the campaign log says to record the names of each unique Cultist enemy in the victory display. It doesn't specify HOW they ended up in the Victory Display.

And since each of them have Victory 1 and the Rules Reference, page 21 says "As a victory point enemy is defeated, place the card in the victory display instead of in the discard pile." so if you kill them, they still go in the victory display.

Then I would think they do indeed get recorded. Consider that you beat the information out of them instead of appealed to their individual needs?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Miller
msg tools
Thanks so much for your help on this!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Yah, I think you have multiple options for earning those unique cultist victory points. Having multiple options seems to be a pretty big part of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does defeating Acolyte (who also has Cultist trait) counts as unique cultist as well?

I assume not, since he has no victory points, but would like to double check.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
Does defeating Acolyte (who also has Cultist trait) counts as unique cultist as well?

I assume not, since he has no victory points, but would like to double check.


The unique cultists have a star next to their name.
So the 5 in the cultist deck that's set aside, and the one generated by advancing the agenda.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It might help to note that Unique is a keyword - see the Rules reference - which relates to the star by the name. That's how I figured it out when I wondered the same thing...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.