Subject: UTEK Solo War Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Rangel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally new to the game and could find no solo instructional videos for this or a solo of Hero's Call. If dummy player quests into a region I have an army in, does this automatically trigger a war? I am assuming so as this is most similar to a 2 player game and no alliances are allowed in such.

So if a war does happen automatically and the compass is on the day side, the solo rules say "the dummy's war cost is twice the numbers of armies they have in play" and to "win the war you will have to pay a war cost equal to or higher than what is determined for the dummy player. If you can't or chose not to, you lose the war"

War costs for all factions are 2 mana and 1 ore unless altered by magic.

So if dummy has 2 armies in this scenario then I have to pay at least 4 resources of mana and ore total with at least 2 mana and 1 ore correct as part of resource payment? If I can't or chose not to pay, then I either retreat (if possible and region available) by paying food cost or I lose an army - correct?

Want to be sure I am playing solo correctly. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Pyrz
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand from reading the instructions and having played solo myself with UTEK, yes, you are correct. During the day, the war cost you would need to pay would need to be at least 4 or greater if defending (or greater than 4 if you're playing against Orcs and they have made it to the first level of their mana track). During the night phase, the war cost would only be 2. And yes, you would lose an army if you can't or choose not to pay the food cost to retreat, unless it's your last army. If it's your last army, you can move it for free to an adjacent location within the region, or to a different region if there is no available adjacent location to retreat to in the current region.

Edit: Also, yes, if the dummy player goes into a region occupied by you, there is no alliances. It will always be a war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Rangel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.