Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a house rule try limiting spell casting by the number of hero/army card summoning.

You can be still limited to 2 summons/turn but reduce the amount of spells you can cast by that amount. So if you do 1 summons, you can cast 2 spells, 2 summons, 1 spell during that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might work when you are playing smaller games with just the starter set. Once you start getting into lager games with bigger armies, being able to only summon two units a turn is enough of its own penalty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Summoning is very different in AotP than in MTG, and I think this throws some people off a lot. Some people think "I can summon two squads this early in the game and don't have to use mana? I've got this game in the bag!" and bring in all their squads, only to get hit with a devastating Area of Effect spell and end up decimated.

Summoning at the right time and place is perhaps one of the biggest strategic decisions players face in this game, and it cannot be understated. Personally, I would avoid this house rule, as I like the gamble aspect of a player gambling it all and summoning his best squads and using his best spells in a single turn, betting the game on a big bold move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.