Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, my publisher just announced the novelization that Rob Dougherty mentioned on reddit awhile back. It's gonna be out in a couple weeks. Here's some info:

Evil Girlfriend Media is pleased to announce our newest adventure!
Since being court-martialed by the Star Empire, smuggler and thief Joan Shengtu has done what she needed to do in order to survive—gaining a reputation along the way. When a new client’s mission goes sideways, Joan finds herself caught in the middle of dueling gambits between the Star Empire and the Trade Federation. Recruited to perform the heist of a lifetime, the fate of the Star Empire rests in her hands.

On the opposite side of the galaxy, Regency BioTech manager Dario Anazao sees an unsustainable situation brewing that promises a full-scale revolution. The megacorporations of the Trade Federation have kept the population in horrible working conditions, violating their human rights. With no one else to help, Dario must take it upon himself to rescue the workers of Mars.

Can two heroes from warring factions come together to make a difference in the galaxy?

Star Realms: Rescue Run is the first novelization of the critically acclaimed Star Realms spaceship combat deckbuilding game.

http://www.evilgirlfriendmedia.com/books/star-realms-rescue-...

http://bit.ly/starrealmsnovel - Amazon

Will have more soon and hopefully run a contest for BGG users shortly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool!

Will it be released as a print book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Cool!

Will it be released as a print book?

Yes and will have a link for that in a day or two hopefully. Should have about 50 copies for sale at white wizard game fair where I'll be signing too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's really awesome. Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I will fore sure give the book a try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
audiobook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

I dunno...Star Realms fiction...that's a pretty tall order.

Ian Taylor
Director of Being Super Jealous of Jon Right now
White Wizard Games

PS, Jon is an amazing writer, and buy the book. That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Audiobook is going to be totally dependent on what sales look like, so do pick it up!

Love you, Ian, whose web fiction is totally awesome. <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, today is the last day of the $2.99 level earlybird presale for Kindle http://bit.ly/starrealmsnovel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reminder! Just preordered this morning at the discounted price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be kid appropriate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Funny, Star Realms is not the game I would have thought had enough lore and theme transpiring through the cards to turn into a novel.

Would be interesting to have this happen to the Ascension lore as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
Funny, Star Realms is not the game I would have thought had enough lore and theme transpiring through the cards to turn into a novel.

As I understand, Stone Blade doesn't place a high priority on lore, which I think is a real shame. I thought this Chronicle of the Godslayer was an interesting flavour hook. I asked Justin Gary about it at Boston Comic Con just after the game launched, and I got the impression that they put up things they thought sounded cool.

I got the same disappointing answer regarding Solforge. I don't know how much background story they have, but I don't think it's much.

And, BTW, I totally get it. When you're developing a game, the look, the mechanics, you have so much to do, and building a world takes a lot of creativity that might be better off spent elsewhere.

When I came aboard WWG, I started writing stories about Star Realms in my spare time. The first that we posted, Second-in-Command, was written at Origins in 2015. I really pushed for a great background story, and I was assigned the campaign for Crisis. I'm very proud of what went onto the screen (4 intersecting stories), but there's seriously enough background for an entire novel in the Crisis storyline alone.

Colony Wars will have a similarly rich storyline. I'll be working on that right after WW Gamefair.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IanWWG wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

As I understand, Stone Blade doesn't place a high priority on lore, which I think is a real shame. I thought this Chronicle of the Godslayer was an interesting flavour hook. I asked Justin Gary about it at Boston Comic Con just after the game launched, and I got the impression that they put up things they thought sounded cool.

I got the same disappointing answer regarding Solforge. I don't know how much background story they have, but I don't think it's much.

And, BTW, I totally get it. When you're developing a game, the look, the mechanics, you have so much to do, and building a world takes a lot of creativity that might be better off spent elsewhere.

When I came aboard WWG, I started writing stories about Star Realms in my spare time. The first that we posted, Second-in-Command, was written at Origins in 2015. I really pushed for a great background story, and I was assigned the campaign for Crisis. I'm very proud of what went onto the screen (4 intersecting stories), but there's seriously enough background for an entire novel in the Crisis storyline alone.

Colony Wars will have a similarly rich storyline. I'll be working on that right after WW Gamefair.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games

Thanks Ian, that was a really interesting read. I wholeheartilly agree with you on Ascension's lore. It could have been incredible. I still feel like Stoneblade is completely blowing the IP though, be it through lore or expansions, and I find that infuriating, as it had so much potential. And I'm glad that WWG, on the other hand, manages Star Realms much better.

I did not look into the app that much, but it would be interesting to be able to find the lore developped through the campaign somewhere else, like on the website maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.