32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping in Segments? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Hey guys - just received a copy of the two expansions, which look great! Love the Anubite figures.

Were the other stretch goals to be shipped later? I started looking through the news updates and couldn't find anything specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The recent updates I saw mentioned that two expansions from Wave 2 JM were shipping now. I do not recall when the rest would be shipping nor do I recall if any explanation as to why the split was made - probably warehousing issue or manufacturing delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get a shipping notice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't paid my shipping yet.
I don't know if the price is for the expansions and stretch goals or just expansions. Unfortunately I can't get an answer from them.

I don't want to pay shipping twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dheyrdre wrote:
I don't know if the price is for the expansions and stretch goals or just expansions. Unfortunately I can't get an answer from them.

They answered that many many times. It is on an update.

The shipping of wave 2 is opionnal, if you pay the 12$ now you will have to pay the shipping for the next wave. If you want to pay only 1 wave of shipping just wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
In fact it was mentioned many many many many times...and in the KS forums many many many more...a lot by Endeavour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sibowitz wrote:
In fact it was mentioned many many many many times...and in the KS forums many many many more...a lot by Endeavour.

Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
Were the other stretch goals to be shipped later? I started looking through the news updates and couldn't find anything specific.

I appreciate the fact that you at least tried looking through the updates. Yes, the stretch goals are planned to be shipped out in waves 3/4. Originally we were expecting it in one wave 3 but a semi-recent update suggested that the manufacturer would like to do everything in 2 runs to ensure correct numbers of things as well as quality.

As to WHEN these other shipments are happening, I don't think we know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
msg tools
Yep, either one or two additional waves of shipping, depending on what gets decided, and no current ETA of any kind for said shipment(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:

The shipping of wave 2 is opionnal, if you pay the 12$ now you will have to pay the shipping for the next wave. If you want to pay only 1 wave of shipping just wait.

what the hell, seriously? I never saw that. I didn't pay an extra 12$ shipping either and I got mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
Endevor wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:

what the hell, seriously? I never saw that. I didn't pay an extra 12$ shipping either and I got mine

Did you end up paying for wave one? If you did, it would have been credited towards future shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. What is shipping right now? Shores and Blackwall? That's considered "wave 2"? What was wave 1? The updated 2.0 base game material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koz1120 wrote:
I'm confused. What is shipping right now? Shores and Blackwall? That's considered "wave 2"? What was wave 1? The updated 2.0 base game material?
s

Yes. And the stretch goal and other add-on stuff will be Wave 3 (and 4?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
I did not get any notice, they just showed up today as a surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sudo Nim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:

I received my copy today. I also did not get a shipping notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Endevor wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:

This was also in an update, you probably had paid the fist wave before they offered it to everybody. The system automatically used your paiement toward shipping of wave 2, you had to contact them if you wanted to wait for this specific case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg MN
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, do we have any sense of just how long the wait will be before shipment #3? Are talking a couple of months, 6 months, a year...?

I don't recall seeing an estimate from MC, but I know sometimes things are hinted at in the KS comments that I don't read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ismist wrote:
So, do we have any sense of just how long the wait will be before shipment #3? Are talking a couple of months, 6 months, a year...?

I don't recall seeing an estimate from MC, but I know sometimes things are hinted at in the KS comments that I don't read.

It was in the last update (from yesterday):

Quote:
Remaining Wave...or Two Waves

This hasn't been decided. I received an email asking this very question and I tried to answer it to the best of my ability. It boils down to the time table for the molds to be complete.

If only ZiBO was exclusive to us, but they are far from it. In fact, we're a nice account, but they work with FFG and Privateer Press...sooo, you know. I'll try to explain the workflow in the next news video.

When we find out the mold date and production date for the last of the molds, we'll make it known to backers and you can help us make the decision. If we broke it into two waves the next wave would be the first 4 or 5 modules, the rest of the 2.0 cards, the JM hardcover, and all the minis from the first Myth.

Total speculation on my part, but the fact that we're in November and they don't want to give out a date, I'm guessing it means late spring 2017, early summer. Again, 100% speculation on my part. Sounds like they are completely at the mercy of ZiBO and MCG isn't likely giving them the kind of business that FFG and Privateer Press provides, so they're not a priority.

What I've learned from backing KS projects is that when they don't give a date, assume it's a long way off - particularly when you're dealing with the manufacturing of miniatures in China. The whole process is so much slower than I would have ever imagined and I have to believe projecting specific dates is a nightmare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:
Total speculation on my part, but the fact that we're in November and they don't want to give out a date, I'm guessing it means late spring 2017, early summer. Again, 100% speculation on my part. Sounds like they are completely at the mercy of ZiBO and MCG isn't likely giving them the kind of business that FFG and Privateer Press provides, so they're not a priority.

I agree on the speculation part. Factoring in Chinese New Year, Ocean Transit Times, unknown spot in Zibo queue, and any financial factors we are unaware of, I'm not expecting this delivery until well into the Summer, maybe even the Fall of 2017.

Phantom Load wrote:
What I've learned from backing KS projects is that when they don't give a date, assume it's a long way off

I think this is particularly wise in this particular instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really hope they will include the french translation add ons with the next wave whatever there is inside. For some backers they won't be able to use the content even of this wave (i have already translated everything they gave me it is hard to say but more than 90% of the KS content).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
The latest update just shows how truly incompetent these guys are. "we're not sure about the SGs the factory we use can get busy"... So they did absolutely no planning about the SGs? They had to know the schedule for sculpting, they kept going on on and on about how many sculpts were done. They aren't smart enough to plan with the factory on when to get these made? I'm so glad I haven't backed any of their projects since this one, and this will be my last with them. I have a feeling that is the case for a lot of people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
The latest update just shows how truly incompetent these guys are. "we're not sure about the SGs the factory we use can get busy"... So they did absolutely no planning about the SGs? They had to know the schedule for sculpting, they kept going on on and on about how many sculpts were done. They aren't smart enough to plan with the factory on when to get these made? I'm so glad I haven't backed any of their projects since this one, and this will be my last with them. I have a feeling that is the case for a lot of people...

Other considerations:
1) Factory space isn't unlimited and is rarely available on demand
2) Most estimates are wrong, including factory production - while this could lead to free space, it generally pushes things later
3) Large accounts nearly always get priority
4) Cultural differences abound during planning, negotiation and estimation - I would suggest reading up on some of the significant variations in the world's major countries (it varies even within regions of the world - and you'll need to find someone being fairly blunt in this age of not-quite-but-still-politically-correct)

So while I partly agree with your view that they could have been more aware of the impact of all that free stuff, that probably would have meant we would not have gotten all the free stuff. It obviously wasn't done at the time it was offered and trying to get a factory to do ALL of that in a short time frame would be unlikely; trying to get ALL that done at multiple factories to the same quality (whether good or bad) at the same time is fooling yourself.

If this is your breaking point for whether to back these folks, then you had better stay away from ALL large KS boardgames - and you're probably better off staying away from KS in general. Large scale manufacturing, especially with custom parts, is NEVER "on-demand" no matter what some parts of the world it may seem like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You should also note that the same factory does work for Fantasy Flight Games and Privateer. Take one guess who gets priority for production runs.

Like all KS projects, as long as they keep me in the loop so I know what is going on with the project, I'm happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Brian T wrote:

You should also note that the same factory does work for Fantasy Flight Games and Privateer. Take one guess who gets priority for production runs.

Like all KS projects, as long as they keep me in the loop so I know what is going on with the project, I'm happy.

Then WHY USE THEM??? There is more than one factory out there... And again, I'm sure if they did some planning ahead of time it still wouldn't be an issue. This is their 3rd KS right? They should be getting better at this, not worse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
rpvt wrote:

Other considerations:
1) Factory space isn't unlimited and is rarely available on demand
2) Most estimates are wrong, including factory production - while this could lead to free space, it generally pushes things later
3) Large accounts nearly always get priority
4) Cultural differences abound during planning, negotiation and estimation - I would suggest reading up on some of the significant variations in the world's major countries (it varies even within regions of the world - and you'll need to find someone being fairly blunt in this age of not-quite-but-still-politically-correct)

So while I partly agree with your view that they could have been more aware of the impact of all that free stuff, that probably would have meant we would not have gotten all the free stuff. It obviously wasn't done at the time it was offered and trying to get a factory to do ALL of that in a short time frame would be unlikely; trying to get ALL that done at multiple factories to the same quality (whether good or bad) at the same time is fooling yourself.

If this is your breaking point for whether to back these folks, then you had better stay away from ALL large KS boardgames - and you're probably better off staying away from KS in general. Large scale manufacturing, especially with custom parts, is NEVER "on-demand" no matter what some parts of the world it may seem like.

Yeah, how does any KS ever get fulfilled or any board game in general get made... How does CMoN or soda pop do it? The problem I have is they get this delivered, and this stuff has been done for a while now, and they still aren't even sure what they are going to do about the SGs. That should have been planned a year+ ago. This kind of stuff might happen on a companies first project, but these guys are "veterans" of KS according to their own words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.