Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been posted before. I am trying to use the Module 1.0 on the Compass Games website but for the life of me cannot find WA Card #40. Given that this is Italy that's important enough to make the module unplayable as it stands. Have I missed it or is this a known issue and if so when if any will the fix be implemented.
My regular gaming partner purchased the game to play with me on vassal and is very disappointing that this is stopping both of us enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you gotten any response? I am thinking about purchasing this game but I will probably play it exclusively on Vassal. There's no point if Compass Games doesn't support the module. I've always hesitated purchasing Compass Games because of their tenuous relationship to Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted on CSW, The Vassal Gamers FB page and here. As yet no response other than on FB page where someone thought they knew who the Module designer was. Otherwise no response from anyone.
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! If anyone from Compass Games is paying attention, I would have bought the game if I could have been confident the module would be supported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an update, Hermann (the designer) did respond that he was not aware who designed the vassal module. I am still hopeful that Compass will fix the issue. Developing a vassal module is often an unpaid labor of love and the developers have many such projects. My gut reaction is that it will get fixed and patience is the order of the day. I would recommend the game even without the vassal component as it is a very solo friendly experience. You can play the game to learn as we wait for a fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unlikely Compass will have or apply resources to fix it, because Compass did not create the module. Like in nearly all cases with all wargame companies, the Vassal module is created by a volunteer, and the same or another volunteer will probably have to fix it.

[edited to remove tone critical of Compass]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The module is only available on their website. I believe it used to be the case that Compass refused to let any one make modules for their games. Because it is only on their website I thought they were attempting to exercise some control over it but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys - by the way, I'm just the developer .... Kirk Uhlmann is the designer.

OK - I'll send a note directly to Ken and Bill at Compass and see what they say. Fingers crossed.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey guys - by the way, I'm just the developer .... Kirk Uhlmann is the designer. ;)

OK - I'll send a note directly to Ken and Bill at Compass and see what they say. Fingers crossed.

Herm

Thanks Herman. I'm sure you, and I hope Compass, understands how important a good Vassal mod is in this day and age. For many, it's a deal breaker. Sure, the game is solo friendly. But having the ability to play another person, live or via Vassal, is still the best way to experience the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Herm,
I will now quietly and hopefully wait this one out :-)
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I am not the module's designer, I have updated it:
- WA card 40 added
- Dice buttons added (1, 2 or 3 dice) to speed up play
- Player's hands: zoom function added
- Setup: French trench placed in Verdun iso Paris
-"Neutral" and "Inactive" markers added
-"Note" markers added (1st turn reminders)

The module is available on request.
If you're pleased with it, and with Hermann or Kirk agreement, you may post it on Vassal.

Note: I have also reduced the size of the file from 165 Mo to 73 Mo (a huge, and unused, map file was included)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock and thank you for your efforts. How do I request the module?
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - thanks Thierry!

Herm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send me a private message with your Email, and I'll give you access to my Dropbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much! Bought the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.