Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Nemeth
Austria
Wien
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

do you really put a chain sword on the back of each and every marine, as the rulebook suggests?

Is this even right according to the lore? I have never seen a squad where every marine has a boltgun and a chain sword.

In the tabletop game it is assumed, that a model without a specific close combat weapon will just use his gun, or a smaller concealed weapon or his bare fists. Why do you think they decided to force a chain sword on every model? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemeth wrote:
Hi,

do you really put a chain sword on the back of each and every marine, as the rulebook suggests?

Is this even right according to the lore? I have never seen a squad where every marine has a boltgun and a chain sword.

In the tabletop game it is assumed, that a model without a specific close combat weapon will just use his gun, or a smaller concealed weapon or his bare fists. Why do you think they decided to force a chain sword on every model? shake

These are 30K Legion Veterans. Chainswords all round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tonino
msg tools
To make the forces more distinct, I'm just putting them on the space wolves.

Likewise, the Thousand Sons all get sidearms and always wear helmets. They're the cold and calculated side, the wolfs are the passionate and raw side. To that end I hope to get some nice space wolf heads from a friend to really make their side more fleshy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
Tonijn wrote:
To make the forces more distinct, I'm just putting them on the space wolves.

Likewise, the Thousand Sons all get sidearms and always wear helmets. They're the cold and calculated side, the wolfs are the passionate and raw side. To that end I hope to get some nice space wolf heads from a friend to really make their side more fleshy.

I have been thinking along the same lines. However, my solution was Mark III armour for Space Wolves and Mark IV armour (from Calth) for the Thousand Sons. For me, it helps distinguish the armies whilst fitting the theme perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.