Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the first time I decided to answer a poll. It sounded like a professional poll call at the beginning. Shortly after stating my likelihood to vote and who I was voting for the call then starts asking me very interesting questions.

Such as:

Why do you think Comey brought up that he was reopening the investigation?
Should Obama announce that he will not pardon Hillary Clinton if she is convicted?
Should Hillary Clinton announce that she will not accept a pardon if she is convicted?
Should Hillary Clinton announce that she will not pardon herself if she is convicted and is elected president?
Are you aware of a video that was released discussing Democratic undercover operatives inciting violence at Donald Trump rallies?

I listened for a while interested to know if they were going to ask me when I had stopped beating my wife, but I ended it early.

Never heard of this before so I was interested if this has always been standard practice? Anyone else had experience with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a call earlier this year. It started out as a very standard poll. They asked about the national race. They even did right direction/wrong track, the old Gallup staple.

Then it shifted to the Bayh/Young senate race here in Indiana. Would you be more likely to vote for Todd Young if you knew he was a decorated Marine? Would you be less likely to vote for Evan Bayh if you knew he had left the Senate to be a lobbyist?

At that point I knew it was just a push poll, so I hung up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I did one poll 25 years ago. You know, back when global warming hadn't yet been debunked?

Anyway it was a live person. He read this long tirade about saving polar bears then threw a question in. I asked him to read the question again because it wasn't clear. He started on the tirade again. I stopped him and asked to just go to the question mark and reread that sentence. He wouldn't.

It had to have been rigged. Did not seem impartial at all.

Last poll ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Last poll ever.

Yeah, well, that's why Exploding Kittens is the most-backed Kickstarter of all time, and literally no one plays 1817. You haven't let your voice be heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Last poll ever.

Yeah, well, that's why Exploding Kittens is the most-backed Kickstarter of all time, and literally no one plays 1817. You haven't let your voice be heard.

I've played 1817!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.