Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Dave, Kevin & Lincoln play Ticket to Ride: First Journey designed by Alan R. Moon and published by Days of Wonder.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
awesome! new Tabletop ep, new Gamenight ep! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baker
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks for showing this. I've been eyeballing it at Target, but I've been holding off on buying it. I just showed your rules description and the first few minutes of game play to my son, and you've made a sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you technically allowed to complete two tickets on the same turn, or would you need to wait until your next turn to do so? I haven't been able to read the rules yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, I think games with winning conditions are better than than ones with winning scores. That was one of the many brilliant ideas in Catan, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
krztoff wrote:
Are you technically allowed to complete two tickets on the same turn, or would you need to wait until your next turn to do so? I haven't been able to read the rules yet.

If you can draw a ticket and have it be completed when you draw it you can complete more than one ticket per turn. We looked that up in the BGG forums and Alan Moon confirmed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fehr
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the SCTV reference. Classic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hawvermale
United States
Ranger
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a well-produced video, as always, but it's not the most helpful review of a kids' game, given that there are no kids at the game table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
jackypaper wrote:
This is a well-produced video, as always, but it's not the most helpful review of a kids' game, given that there are no kids at the game table.

We like to cover these games because so few others do. Additionally, most often, these games will be played by parents with their kids. So you get an idea if it might fly with your family or not.

Thanks for the note and for watching.

Lincoln
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAURICIO FLORES
Bolivia
centereach
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heccubus wrote:

We like to cover these games because so few others do. Additionally, most often, these games will be played by parents with their kids. So you get an idea if it might fly with your family or not.

Thanks for the note and for watching.

Lincoln

Please Lincoln, keep covering these games. As you say, really few people cover kids & Family games, and play a hole game. It's really diferent to see a review of a kids game than see it in action, in my opinion.

Also, I believe that's the strenght of gamenight: cover a ton of diferent range of games. From Heavy Euros (Terra Mystica) to kids games.

Keep it up Gamenight!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cannon
United Kingdom
Hassocks
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackypaper wrote:

I didn't think this was a review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Steggles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally like they cover out and out kids games, it reflects all levels of the hobby from the kinderspeil des jahres and up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexCannon wrote:
jackypaper wrote:

It's also not very helpful at teaching me to speak Russian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexCannon wrote:
jackypaper wrote:

You are correct. We are only giving our initial impressions after a play or two. We feel our playthroughs give the viewer a good overview of what these games offer. We hope others find them useful.

Thanks for the note and for watching. - Lincoln
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.