Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Power
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
My clue's pointing this way...
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you see as a more effective strategy overall.

Combing through deviantart, illustrators and designers websites etc until you find the perfect artists and then contact them one artist at a time until you find someone for whom the price and vision is right.

OR

Getting multiple artists (5-7) to do single card mock ups specifically for your game and then choosing after you see how each artists has connected with your project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastián Koziner
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
OK Ediciones: Juegos de autor en Argentina - facebook.com/okediciones
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can pay for concepts, most surely it will get you the best idea, but if you ask free samples... you will hardly get the best from anyone.

So, browse or comission if you want, but at the end you will have to decide based on what you liked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first. Speaking from my own experience designing, professional artists will probably be too busy with paid work to take the time to make free sketches. But I can imagine an art/design student or someone who hasn't quite made it as a designer yet could be willing to make a mockup, if they really like you and your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.